Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2013, 08:43 AM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Indeed, everybody tries taking pictures of the Opera House. I was more interested with the people around the Opera House.
When I was climbing onto the Opera House, my foot slipped on the ice and I fell. Good my photo bag is really strong ;-) This, however, made me quite upset.
What I really like is the panorama as seen from the top of the Opera House, notably the "Oslo Manhattan".
Regarding the New Holmenkollen, the only word that can describe is is "breathtaking".
Where do you people in Oslo go buy cameras? Foto-Video at Moellergata?

09-15-2013, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter

Ah yes, those slanting roofs of the Opera house can be very slippery during the winter... And crawling with people in summer

Foto-video is the largest brick-and-mortar camera shop in town, so yes, I believe many do their shopping there. But I suspect that most people buy their cameras at the consumer electronics shops - you know, the low-end canikons.
09-15-2013, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #18
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, certainly an interesting forum intro and a good selection of images to go with it, well done keep 'em coming.
09-15-2013, 09:52 PM - 1 Like   #19

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Foto-video is the largest brick-and-mortar camera shop in town, so yes, I believe many do their shopping there. But I suspect that most people buy their cameras at the consumer electronics shops - you know, the low-end canikons.
Hah, must be true Savoche. I was to Foto-Video to buy a point-and-shoot camera when I was in need once. There was an elderly couple in the DSLR department. The gentleman took a K-5 from the shelf to look at it. I greeted the couple and told them a Pentax sales story. I could see the sales rep grinning from behind their backs -- actually I did what he should have done Yet, the man put the camera back and went to see canikons...

The pictures below are of low quality. The RAWs are still on the Oslo server; I need to transfer them to my PC one day.

You can certainly recognize the place, Savoche.

The "Three Sisters" in the Norwegian Blue near to sunset, as seen from the Opera.

The new "Oslo-S Manhattan". The K-135 I own is an exceptional lens, however, the major flaw is the mustache distortion.

Last edited by StefanMikes; 09-15-2013 at 10:03 PM.
09-16-2013, 02:47 AM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter

Hehe, definitely Møllergata that first one. I, too, have seen that bike

The blue light is mostly a winter thing, I think. Sunsets in summer tend to be much warmer in colour. But yeah, you have to be very careful with the colour balance.

I'm not too fond of the "Barcode" project, but I like the buildings and their unusual architecture. It's the placement I'm opposed to - I think the (for Oslo) relatively high rise row of buildings isolate too much of the city from the fjord. They might well make up a nice skyline seen from the fjord, though - when they get finished.

...and then we'll have to see how the new Munch museum will fit into that area when (or if...) that is built.

But thanks for the pictures! I think I should spend a few weekends as tourist in my own town
09-16-2013, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #21

Original Poster
They say India is photographically "orange" and nobody can avoid it. Never have been to India.
My recent professional stays in Oslo and Stavanger occurred by chance during winters. I must say I liked the blue. Only if not the stormy winds, specifically in Stavanger, ouch! ;-) I agree the Norwegian summer is decidedly far warmer in colours.

Good talking to you, Savoche.

Stavanger, "The Oil City" as seen from the topmost part of the town. The old watchtower is in reality behind the harbour on another hill. It was only the telephoto lens that shortened the perspective so dramatically.

Guys doing their work in the OId Stavanger...

Me going to do my work

Really nice idea (Old Stavanger)

Cotton candies sold here.

Maritime city indeed.

In the harbour.

Fine parking place indeed ;-) The boat is just by the central square of Stavanger.
09-16-2013, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter

Sockervadd? Some Swedish fair visiting, I think

Pleasure talking to you Stefan, and thanks for inspirational pictures!
09-16-2013, 07:10 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very interesting pictures, thanks for sharing, hope to see you post more in "Post Your Photos."

09-16-2013, 07:25 AM   #24

Original Poster
I have to understand structure of these Forums better first, normhead.
Thank you!
----
Savoche: Ah, Swedish? Hahahah! I must have been blind not to notice that ;-)
09-16-2013, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Post your photos is where we all post pictures we like and aren't looking for critique, everyone's nice and friendly. Just pick a title for your sees, click on "New Thread" at the top. FIll in the information and post away. I find 4 to 6 pictures in a series is good, but I've gone as high as 16.
09-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #26

Original Poster
Thank you very much for your help and advice normhead.
Reading the Rules now