Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2013, 02:14 AM   #1

Hello form maceq

Hi All,

As you see I am new on this forums, but I've been reading for some time already.

Earlier this year I bought a K-30 to revive my old hobby.

I have started in high school (around age 16) with a Zenith TTL which was found in my father's old stuff, and he was the one to introduce me to photography. Even earlier I remember a few moments from when I was a kid a few times we sat together in a dark basement watching the images appear in the "water". So I guess that this hobby goes way back.

After the TTL which I used for years an era of digital cameras begun and I switched to those, but they were all compacts. I don't remember the first one, but it was a SONY later I bought a LUMIX TZ3 for around $250 which was and still is a great compact camera.

So now that I have more time and money, which came after graduating form University and finding a regular job, the time came to buy a long desired DSLR. Pentax with a very very good price to quality ratio was kind of an obvious choice for me so here I am.

So this is a short of how I started and came here. I hope to find a lot of useful information, have productive discussions and improve my skills here.

09-14-2013, 07:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard, and thanks for the intro! The K-30 is a great camera to help you back into this wonderful hobby.
09-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-30 and please post us an image or two soon ... J
09-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by maceq Quote
So now that I have more time and money
Welcome to the forum, now you've all this time and money on your hands, the members here can certainly help use up the second one.

09-16-2013, 03:44 PM   #5

Original Poster
I have uploaded a few photos to complete my introduction to the forums.