Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2013, 04:15 AM   #1

Its been a long time since the Pentax ME and MX

Hello...

Well I finally came back to Pentax (K5 II) after a variety of cameras since my Pentax ME and MX days.

In fact I still have about 4 lenses from those days. Sadly the MX was stolen, but my ME is still in working order, and quite lovely to handle. Maybe I should put a film in it and take a few shots.
I arrived at the K5 via the Samsung/Pentax route of about 5 or 6 years ago..the Samsung GX10 has found a good home, and I kept the zoom lens for the K5.

Still playing around with the K5, and sorely tempted to buy either the Sigma 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 DC Macro lens, or Pentax 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL IF DC WR Lens...its a tough one!
It feels like a solid powerful camera and I hope to get some great use out of it in the next few years!

09-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome home. A lot of us probably also think about getting some film for the old bodies, then just go outside with our DSLR.

Both of those zooms have their fan clubs. I like the security of the 18-135, mine has been caught in the rain more than once.
09-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum! The K-5II is a great camera. Quite a step from the GX10, isn't it? I have the K-5 myself and am very happy with it.

As for lenses, I got hold of a 18-135 WR to have an all-weather kit. I prefer my small primes if I can choose, though. But hey, just ask a question over in the lens discussion forum (Pentax SLR Lens Discussion - PentaxForums.com) and we will be more than happy to spend your money for you
09-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, that's just one of the joys of Pentax ownership, you can still use your glass from the ME & MX on your new K5II.

09-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy that K-5ii and legacy lenses ... please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
« ChuckE | hi »