Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-26-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
New member HELLO

Hello.
Over the past week or so I have been cleaning house on most, but not all by any means, of my dear old Pentax lenses. (I used to love it when someone asked me "How many lenses do you have"? and I could honestly say "I don't know". ) During the eBay venture I met John Kovarik who is a member of PF. John sent me to take a look, and I joined.
Between developing my own B&W in my bathroom sink in the mid-fifties and the late eighties I took a bit of a break from photography. This was mainly to protect my pocket book from my "collectoritis" disease. I knew that I could never be happy with just one lens/body/accessory/etc. When I "got back into" photography it was with the Pentax 645. I quickly learned about the backward and intra-format compatability and was hooked.
When digital photography arrived I thought it was heresy. So, I was not the least bit tempted to jump to another brand. By the time I was tempted to try digital, Pentax was about to introduce its first digital SLR. (How many times were they about to introduce a digital SLR???) When the *istD finally arrived I WAS READY. In fact, I may have one of the first dozen or so that were available n the US. (That anxiousness cost me dearly.)
I have the usual collection of screw mount, and MF K-Mount bodies, and some really nice screw mount lenses which I refuse to give away on eBay.
I use the K10D and K100D. After selling all but one of my A* lenses this week, my kit consists of the smc Pentax DA 12-24, smc Pentax-FA* 28-70mm and 80-200mm f/2.8 zooms, the smc Pentax-FA 28mm f/2.8 soft, the smc Pentax 85mm f/2.2 soft, the smc Pentax-FA 100mm f/2.8 macro, the Pentax 200mm A* f/2.8, the smc Pentax-FA* 300mm f/4.5, smc Pentax-A 400mm f/5.6, and as of tomorrow, the Sigma 50-500mm AF zoom.
I shoot ninety-nine percent outdoor/wildlife. I am a member of the Gold Country Artists Gallery, a cooperative in Placerville, CA. (I am a wood worker. How I have managed to keep enough fingers to hold a camera, and press the shutter release is a mystery to me.) All members of the gallery are permited to sell greeting cards even if they have not been juried in as a 2D artist or photographer. I make as much selling cards as I do selling wood work--about nine cents an hour.
I plan to get the K20D soon. But I am sworn off lenses.
I look forward to becoming a better photographer with the help of this forum, and its members.
Jack

03-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, Jack! Glad I thought to pass you the link. I expect we'll enjoy your presence.
JK