Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2013, 05:45 AM   #1

Hellooo

Hi all!

I'm Tim and I've just recently acquired my parents' old Pentax Z-20 and on impulse bought an old Honeywell SP 500 for $30 on ebay today (primarily for the lens). I'm a graphic designer and videographer and the first camera I owned was a Canon 60D which I bought last year, though I never enjoyed photography with it. Recently I've switched to using my 60D exclusively for videography while switching to the Z-20 for photography.

I'm not sure quite what it is, but I think the limitation on the film, the non-instant gratification (that I feel has cheapened photography for me in digital, thought I certainly see the value!), the anticipation and the general feeling that you're crafting something that has a process has really made me enjoy photography a lot more!

If you have any tips for shooting film, I'm still very new to it so don't hesitate to treat me (nicely) like a film noob.

Here's my flickr if you want to see any of the stuff I've done (it's pretty devoid of life at the moment as I just made it recently): Flickr: timothyladamson's Photostream

09-21-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, both mediums are more similar than you think, a good exposure is still a good exposure, same applies to composition.
09-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
09-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome, Tim!

09-24-2013, 11:23 PM   #5

Original Poster
Yikes! Sorry guys, been super busy shooting a short film but thanks for the warm welcome

I'll be sure to post pictures of my camera (camera[s] when my second one arrives) when I get chance!