Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #1

EOS user on Pentax

Hi

I am a EOS 7D user and I am discovering the vast options of using manual Pentax M42 lenses on my EOS 7D.
This forum has valuable information.

Thanks and feels nice to join in.

Chikkad

09-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

Hello chikkad, Welcome to the Pentax Forum!
Hope you enjoy your time here, we're a pretty friendly bunch. As long as you don't chop up any of our wonderful legacy lens mounts, that is.
We've had a few guests come by just to ask questions regarding the 'chop' and, as you might imagine, they got the frosty, cold shoulder, snake eye, you get the idea. They never did join as members, can't figure out why.
Anyway, if you love photography and use (unmodified) Pentax lenses, you are OK in my book!
Ron
09-24-2013, 11:32 AM - 1 Like   #3
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

What Ron said

Welcome aboard! Oh, and of course, we all know those vintage Pentax lenses produce much nicer pictures on a proper Pentax body!
09-24-2013, 03:55 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, enjoy what you find here, there's lots of good stuff about.

09-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by chikkad Quote
Hi

I am a EOS 7D user and I am discovering the vast options of using manual Pentax M42 lenses on my EOS 7D.
This forum has valuable information.

Thanks and feels nice to join in.

Chikkad
Welcome. I do the same as you, but also have a Pentax body. I actually find it easier to use M42 lenses on my 7D because the adapter stays with the lens. They are cheap enough to have one per lens. Manual lenses are more artful to use for video as well.

Which old lenses are you enjoying with your 7D?

M
09-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy that legacy glass and please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
09-25-2013, 03:16 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miguel Quote
Welcome. I do the same as you, but also have a Pentax body. I actually find it easier to use M42 lenses on my 7D because the adapter stays with the lens. They are cheap enough to have one per lens. Manual lenses are more artful to use for video as well.

Which old lenses are you enjoying with your 7D?

M
A135mm/f2.8 manual lens and a SMC Takumar 300/f4. Rest are all Canon EF lenses on which I spent a lot. Discovered Taks a few months ago and like them.

« Hellooo | Hello:) »