Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
Junior Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 37
Hello from a K-30 spanish owner

Hello everyone!

I've just registered here, but I am the proud owner of a K-30 since July. I don't have much experetise in the photography world, so any advice will be welcome ;-)

My equipment is the 18-55 WR lense, with a UV filter and a tripod. Not very much, but I don't want to buy anything more expensive until I get used to the camera and I have made some photos.

Hope to get a good time at this forum, and also to learn from all of you!

09-25-2013, 01:04 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,474
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-30 and please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
09-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Pentaxian
Jonathan Mac's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Madrid, Spain
Posts: 4,188
Bienvenido to another Pentax user in Spain, we are few and far between.

The kit lens and the 55-300 were my only two lenses for quite a while when I first got my K200D, but they are capable of very nice results. One piece of advise though - don't use the UV filter, unless it's a very good expensive one it will reduce the sharpness of your photos.
09-25-2013, 02:42 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32,153
QuoteOriginally posted by aras2002 Quote
until I get used to the camera
Welcome to the forum, this is indeed a good way of thinking, stick to it and don't be seduced by all the other good things Pentax do... well not straight away.

09-25-2013, 11:40 PM   #5
Junior Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 37
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the K-30 and please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
I've posted some photos on this thread, in case you want to see it, and give some advice

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Bienvenido to another Pentax user in Spain, we are few and far between.

The kit lens and the 55-300 were my only two lenses for quite a while when I first got my K200D, but they are capable of very nice results. One piece of advise though - don't use the UV filter, unless it's a very good expensive one it will reduce the sharpness of your photos.
The UV filter that I own is the UV Sigma MultiCoated EX, I think it is a pretty good filter, I bought it to prevent the scratch of the lens, but if you think otherwise please let me know

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, this is indeed a good way of thinking, stick to it and don't be seduced by all the other good things Pentax do... well not straight away.
Not yet, though sometimes I feel I have a short zoom, you know for example to take photos of the moon or some stolen pictures from regular actions of people during the day, but when I have the need (to call it some way) of new lens, I will ask for help because I'm way too lost
09-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #6
Site Supporter
savoche's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lowlands of Norway
Posts: 8,246
Welcome!

Regarding the use of filters; I think most people here will tell you UV filters are of little use in most situations on digital cameras. Yes, they protect the front element of the lens, but the price is a potential degradation of the image quality. Putting an extra layer of glass in front of the lens will distort the light somewhat, even if it's good quality glass. But as long as you know that, no problem in my opinion. Just remove it in any situation where it might cause reflections or flare.

There are several long threads on the forums discussing this, and they usually conclude with hoods being as good (or better) at protecting the lens. And improving the image quality at the same time.

As for asking here before buying a new lens, that can turn out quite expensive People here will always recommend what they think is best, no matter the cost! After all, it's not their money they are spending
09-26-2013, 11:18 PM   #7
Junior Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 37
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Welcome!

Regarding the use of filters; I think most people here will tell you UV filters are of little use in most situations on digital cameras. Yes, they protect the front element of the lens, but the price is a potential degradation of the image quality. Putting an extra layer of glass in front of the lens will distort the light somewhat, even if it's good quality glass. But as long as you know that, no problem in my opinion. Just remove it in any situation where it might cause reflections or flare.

There are several long threads on the forums discussing this, and they usually conclude with hoods being as good (or better) at protecting the lens. And improving the image quality at the same time.

As for asking here before buying a new lens, that can turn out quite expensive People here will always recommend what they think is best, no matter the cost! After all, it's not their money they are spending
I know that people will recommend what is best, but if I ask for advice I will also set some limits, and the price will be according to my possibilities
09-27-2013, 05:30 AM   #8
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tampa
Posts: 23
Welcome to the pentax forum!

Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-30, owner
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New K-30 Owner and a Novice pingu Welcomes and Introductions 13 01-07-2015 02:31 PM
K-30 owner from Western NY JimmyJones Welcomes and Introductions 5 09-05-2013 01:54 PM
Hello from soon to be Pentax K-30 owner ExpatKiwi Welcomes and Introductions 6 08-03-2013 01:33 PM
New K-30 owner from Calgary BurningChrome Welcomes and Introductions 10 10-12-2012 04:16 PM
New K-30 owner, hello from the UK Chippy Minton Welcomes and Introductions 2 10-01-2012 08:01 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:36 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top