Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from the UK

Hi there,
Just a quick post to say I`ve been reading this forum for a few months with a view to jumping over from Nikon.
Started with a D40 then went to D90 ( still got them both ) but never got too invested in the glass and I`m looking now at moving to the K5 ll. I must admit this was largely inspired by the thought of the Ltd`s so I was a bit disappointed at the recent price rises on that front. To be honest that may put the mockers on the move over...but we`ll see.

Either way it can`t happen until early next year, so I`ll just keep researching.

Here` s hoping

limpet

09-27-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum ... Salut, J
09-29-2013, 06:13 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, just enjoy using both systems, you can have double the LBA of others here.
09-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard! The Limiteds really are worth a hard look. I'd think the price rise will ebb with time - right now the lenses are all new and shiny again (well, you know). Anyway, have a look at the Marketplace on here. You might well find the "old" Limiteds for a reasonable price used. As good as they are I have a hard time believing the new ones can be noticably better.

Good luck deciding!

09-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Yeah it does seem that the Ltd`s are worth a look but there isn`t a bottomless pit of cash and I just got a little frustrated reading about the fairly hefty price rises over the last 3 or 4 years. This along with the fact that some of them are 10 year old designs, it seems a lttle unnecessary given they were happily selling at a fairer price for years.Well I`m going to have to think hard and maybe go used.
I think the mistake I made was reading reviews of them on here, ( this time last year ) where people quoted prices in dollars, as I did a quick mental conversion to GBP. Now I realise I was out by 100% or thereabouts. My own fault really.
We`ll see.
I`m currently selling some stuff on the `Bay with a view to maybe buying in the spring.

I realise there is an option of using Sigma or Tamron but I could stick with the D90 and do that. It really doesn`t make sense to me to change systems in that case.

Anyway chaps, thanks again for the welcome and I`ll stick around and do a bit more reasearch.

limpet
09-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, the price rise of the DA ltds is a kick in the teeth, but the original versions are still available for considerably less.