10-05-2013, 04:29 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FYI => C'est sauvignon blanc ...

Sauvignon blanc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
10-05-2013, 04:36 AM   #33

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
Please spend the same time you're spouting nonsense here trying to grow up...trying to tick off flame-wars does seem a bit childish. You've got an awesome camera, now go take some awesome shots with it.

No idea what that would be. A few lessons of French might be wasted on you anyway?

Firstly, I am not trying to start flame wars. I introduced myself sincerely, and my supposed fairy tale of a story was so incomprehensible that apparently I cannot possibly exist and am a troll.

Secondly, I find your ability to analyse an individuals level of maturity through a very limited spectrum of information to be abnormally spectacular. Other than growing up, do you have any more advice for me?

And Savagnin is a type of grape, used in wine making.
10-05-2013, 04:41 AM   #34

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Savagnin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sauvignon blanc - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't even know why I am doing this, I hate wine.

10-05-2013, 05:48 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Bolt Quote
OK ... I do not drink a lot of white, especially any whites "north" of Poitiers ... Start with reds, not white, especially whites near Germany ! Allez et salut, J
10-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #36
Pentaxian

I believe you Bolt.

Welcome to the Pentax forum.

I got my first SLR when I was 19. It was a Pentax S1a, 55 mm F 2 lens . I also bought a hand held Sekonic light meter as the S1a was meter less.

Back then in the late '60's I worked in the publishing industry and was required by the company to have my own tool(s) of the trade. Hence the 35 mm SLR.

Any advice ?

Not really.

I probably wouldn't give expensive equipment away, but that's me.

Also, nothing wrong with having multi system photographic equipment. In the '80's I had (still have) a Mamiya medium format system, Pentax system and a stand alone Leica Rangefinder (just a 50 mm Elmar) in my camera stable.
10-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #37

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I believe you Bolt.

Welcome to the Pentax forum.

I got my first SLR when I was 19. It was a Pentax S1a, 55 mm F 2 lens . I also bought a hand held Sekonic light meter as the S1a was meter less.

Back then in the late '60's I worked in the publishing industry and was required by the company to have my own tool(s) of the trade. Hence the 35 mm SLR.

Any advice ?

Not really.

I probably wouldn't give expensive equipment away, but that's me.

Also, nothing wrong with having multi system photographic equipment. In the '80's I had (still have) a Mamiya medium format system, Pentax system and a stand alone Leica Rangefinder (just a 50 mm Elmar) in my camera stable.

Thankyou Lesmore

I wish I was around in the golden age of photography. Not that there is anything wrong with modern digital photography, but I still do envy those who had the 'film experience'- and when photojournalism didn't include an iPhone.

10-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Please, do not get me started on DxO Mark. The results they display while they might be accurate, are portrayed in a horribly inefficient way.

Also, if we are going to go off DxO as a playing field, I would suggest that you would admit that Canon offers better quality optics than Pentax? The sharpest Pentax K Mount lens scores as sharp as those on Canon's fifth page.
Couldn't say. I don't have any Canon lenses and the Pentax lenses I shoot these days are 6x7 format and adapted Super Taks to my mirrorless. Nikkor, Zeiss and Sigma for my 35mm digital.
10-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #39
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
If you still do not believe I own a 1D X, then give me a number between 1 & 10

I'll just say welcome.

Just make sure you continue to enjoy your photography with which ever system you have in your hand at the "decisive moment", it's all about the image not the kit you capture it on.
10-06-2013, 05:39 PM   #40

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
it's all about the image not the kit you capture it on.
I know it is. I just wish my brain would accept it.
10-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #41
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I've read this entire thread....I have no good reason why? When I first opened it, Otis was at my window and said "what's happenin' in there....I smell a nut?"

Damn that Otis, he's always right on the money!

Regards!

Otis says keep your tail over your back so you don't get covered in......it can get pretty deep around here!
[IMG] [/IMG]
10-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #42
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Rupert,

Your shots of Otis are worth swimming through any thread and any forum to find!
10-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forum Bolt. It's unfortunate you got a very prickly "welcome" from some who don't know self-deprecating humor when it hits them between the eyes.

Yes, a K-3/K-5 would be a great travel camera compared to a D1X. But then maybe a NEX-6 or GX7 would be even better if travel is the only purpose?
10-07-2013, 07:29 AM   #44
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Rupert,

Your shots of Otis are worth swimming through any thread and any forum to find!
Well, I'm not so sure about that, but your comment made Otis' already big head swell even more!

That shot was with the K5-original at ISO 5000. Here is one from this morning at ISO 6400. I have been very pleased with the K5 and am betting the K-3 will be a winner for Pentax. You can pick apart any camera, but Pentax has most always met the needs of this old guy.
Laid up with a broken foot, I am reduced to shooting shots like these through my home office windows, and although not exciting or particularly post worthy, they beat not shooting at all!

[IMG] [/IMG]

Best Regards!
Rupert

BTW - For the OP, no offense intended, everyone knows Otis loves nothing better than a good nut!
10-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #45
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Otis can have some of the gazillion acrons and hicory nits (and a few walnuts) on my property, but he would need to fight my squirrel army first.

Welcome Bolt! You've definitely got a bit more spare cash than I do with what you've bought and sold! Still, it's better than what I was spending my money on at age 19.

Looking at the K3 specs so far and with it weather sealed it will be an awesome travel body. Much lighter than what you have now. Toss in a couple good weather sealed lenses and you'll be able to get out there in some crappy conditions and get some awesome shots. Toss in a couple light primes and a small zoom, and you'll have a nice and compact kit to take out with you. Eitehr way, have fun with it!