Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2008, 11:12 AM   #1
Inactive Account

"Howdy" From Dallas Texas

OK, I'm not a cowboy but tourist expect you to say "howdy" if you live here and since I'm not a native, maybe I should just say "Hey!" , anyway, I just got a K100D last week in like new condition off Ebay for such a low price, I couldn't resist buying it. I've had several Fuji digital point and shoots and bridge cams but this is my first DSLR and so far I'm real happy with it Yesterday my Sigma 70-300mm lens arrived,looks like a winner too, too nasty outside today to try it out. It's nice to be back in Pentaxland after many years, my first SLR was a Pentax Spotmatic F that I got for Christmas when I was 12 years old, it was a major upgrade from the Kodak Instamatic I got for Christmas the year before. I hope the weight of the cam and zoom don't affect my shoulders as I have scars from skin grafts I got after being in a fire eight years ago, the slightly heavier weight compared to my s8000fd megazoom shouldn't be that great...should it? Hope to be a regular here, looks like a great group with lots of Pentax knowledge.

Regards
Barry

03-28-2008, 11:40 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Howdy "Tex"
03-28-2008, 11:44 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oldschool Quote
Howdy "Tex"
Thank Ya Pardner
03-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Howdy, Barry! I am not a native Texan but my wife is and I've lived in Texas for most of the last 40 years, so I am now legally licensed to say "Howdy" and wear cowboy boots.

I'm in Dallas, too, on the east side, right by White Rock Lake. There are a couple other Dallas-area members here. Welcome to the forum!

Will

03-28-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hey Will

QuoteOriginally posted by WMBP Quote
Howdy, Barry! I am not a native Texan but my wife is and I've lived in Texas for most of the last 40 years, so I am now legally licensed to say "Howdy" and wear cowboy boots.

I'm in Dallas, too, on the east side, right by White Rock Lake. There are a couple other Dallas-area members here. Welcome to the forum!

Will
Will, I am just south of downtown, I will send you a private message later. Was thinking about going to the Dallas Auto Show next month. Believe or not, I don't know anyone in the area who shares my interest in photography..so I'd like to meet others for photoshoots in the area, Pretty cold today eh?

Barry
03-28-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by shutterpuppy Quote
Will, I am just south of downtown, I will send you a private message later. Was thinking about going to the Dallas Auto Show next month. Believe or not, I don't know anyone in the area who shares my interest in photography..so I'd like to meet others for photoshoots in the area, Pretty cold today eh?
Barry,

I'm sitting here in running shorts. (I don't actually run, mind you. I just wear the shorts.) And I'm aware that I'm a tad underdressed for the weather. I should go find some jeans instead.

But boy, it's warmer than what we experienced in the Davis Mountains last week! We were at Macdonald Observatory 10 days ago and nearly froze to death. It was in the 30s and windy--and I was once again wearing shorts. :-)

Will