Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #1

Hello from NJ

As a former and sometime lurker, I just wanted to extend a "hi" to all the members of this Pentax community. I've only had my K-5 for just under a year, now; picked up a couple of lenses along the way, still have much to learn and understand. I moved up from a Canon powershot sx40hs--it had a zoom range that was, then, pretty incredible in the hands of a novice photographer. As much as I enjoyed that camera, the learning curve was pretty low. With the K-5 it is pretty steep, but far more satisfying. Since I will be reading through many of the posts on these forums, my thanks in advance for contributing your experiences to those of us just starting out.

10-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for the interesting introduction.
10-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy your K-5 and take your time; there's a lot there to master, but worthwhile ... please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
10-09-2013, 02:44 AM   #4
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome, and thanks for the intro! The K-5 is a lot to master, but also gives incredibly good results when you do.

Enjoy!

10-09-2013, 04:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good to see Jersey represent. Welcome to the forum!
10-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Good to see Jersey represent. Welcome to the forum!
Yes, it is good for the Garden State to be represented here. Yet, I can't help but wonder about the choice of screen name. Last time I checked, Brooklyn was in New York (and they were stealing our basketball team !).

So, welcome aboard! Just remember, it gets more excruciating to consider changing ones screen name when you have a lot of posts.
10-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Welcome!

10-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
Last time I checked, Brooklyn was in New York
I was wondering about that, too. The thread title is "Hello from NJ" so maybe the OP lives in Brooklyn and posted from their cellphone while driving along the NJ Turnpike

Anyway, welcome to PF. Enjoy your stay and the K-5.
10-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
Yes, it is good for the Garden State to be represented here. Yet, I can't help but wonder about the choice of screen name. Last time I checked, Brooklyn was in New York (and they were stealing our basketball team !).

So, welcome aboard! Just remember, it gets more excruciating to consider changing ones screen name when you have a lot of posts.
No confusion, really. I am a NJ transplant from NYC. If you haven't canoed down the Gowanus Canal, you haven't really lived.
10-09-2013, 04:39 PM   #10
Site Supporter

It sounds like you have a great sense of humor. It's so nice when we get the good ones from NYC
So, Aw Gowanus keep the name.
10-10-2013, 02:44 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Brooklyn Quote
but far more satisfying
Welcome to the forum, also I'm sure the quality of your imagery will have gone up in leaps and bounds too.