Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2013, 05:16 AM   #1

Finally created an account on Pentax Forums

I have stalked the Pentax forum for a couple of years. Back in the 80's I had a PK mount SLR which I used as an amateur snapper - but then drifted into point and shoot Digital. To document my mid life crisis and touring a Pentax Kr was ordered and then a K-30 was added at the end of last year along with a few newer lenses. Now loving my Pentax DSLRs and travel so much. See my modest efforts on flickr Flickr: sooty1962 Les Raisbeck's Photostream

10-09-2013, 06:10 AM   #2
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums! And thanks for the intro

A midlife crisis can be a good thing

Lots of great pictures on your stream as well - thanks for sharing!
10-09-2013, 07:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! Did you happen to keep any nice lenses from back in the day?
10-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and looking forward to your images ... Salut, J

10-10-2013, 01:57 AM   #5

Original Poster
I have a Vivitar 28mm F2.8 that used to be my 80's favourite shooter. Still takes a decent picture - but takes more time to set up with it being all manual - green button special. I also have a Cosina 50mm f2 and an 80-200mm nasty Soligor - not even tried these as they weren't the best even back in the film days.
Since my mid life camera crisis I have accumulated a 31mm Pentax f2.4, a Samyang 8mm fisheye as well as a daily grab and go all purpose Tamron 18- 200. I am toying with a (cheapish) fast prime (f1.7 or 4) to get those shallow DOF shots with properly dreamy bokeh backgrounds - but haven't decided which way to go just yet (50mm or 85mm etc.) - plus funds are pretty limited at the moment.
The forums have been a really useful source of information - so it is nice to join proper and no longer just be a stalker.
10-10-2013, 02:34 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sooty1962 Quote
Finally created an account on Pentax Forums
Welcome, it's about time you signed up then.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sooty1962 Quote
my mid life crisis
The really good news is that a mid life crisis starts at the age of 21 and continues until you fall off your perch.