Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2013, 07:11 AM   #1

noob from jersey

Longtime lurker here and finally decided to jump in. A few years ago i decided to pick up my first DSLR and went with a Kr with the 18-55. My next purchases were two manual 28 and 50 1.7 lenses. They were magnificent lenses, but after a while, I realized that they were being left off the camera because i couldn't focus fast enough to keep up with my 1 and 3 year olds.

So I'm still shooting with the Kr, and mostly satisfied. Since then I've picked up the 10-17 fish eye, the 70 DA and a 35 FA. I'm very happy with the 3 lenses so far but I recently went on a 3 week trip to europe and kicked myself for not bringing the kit lense. I found myself needing a wide angle without the fishe eye affect a few times and used the fisheye at the 17mm end way too much. So i'm going to try shooting more with the kit lense for now and see if i feel the need for a better quality lense at around 18mm.

Anyway, this is the best forum for help and inspiration so i'll be hanging around!

Pete
Flickr: pmp44's Photostream

10-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Pete, glad you decided to join us..................................
10-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and your K-r ... looking forward to your images ... Salut, J
10-10-2013, 02:52 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pizzavandriver Quote
couldn't focus fast enough to keep up with my 1 and 3 year olds
Welcome to the forum, the use of glue on the kids helps improve your photography no end.