Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #1

Hello from Maine...

After extensive homework I recently purchased a new K-5 with the DA 18-55 WR kit lens. I am a lifelong Minolta and Sony user and had a sizable investment in flash (minolta proprietary mount!) and lenses. I worked for Konica/Minolta for over 20 years. Ultimately it was Sony's poor low light performance that made me leave the platform. I could have gone the Canon or Nikon route but in the end decided on the K5 (the original K5) based on the consistently high reviews, low light performance & IQ, weather sealing and fierce use loyalty! I lurked here for several months before making my purchase and this crowd sure loves it's Pentax cameras!

So far I am ecstatic about my purchase. The photos I am making are satisfying and their quality is super. I do have a slight concern about the kit lens and have posted an inquiry concerning that in the troubleshooting forum.

I am looking forward to many years of use with this camera.. My wife and I will take a photo-safari to the wilds of DownEast Maine soon and I can't wait to see the photos, video and timelapse images I bring home.

Best, Dave

10-10-2013, 05:39 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! That K5 can do a lot. I have yet to try a timelapse myself, but think I'll give it a shot this autumn. For a technical shooter, I think Pentax really offers the best setup.
10-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #3

Looking forward to your pictures of Maine. I have travelled through Maine quite often on my way to Nova Scotia. A very beautiful part of the U.S.

Regards
10-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy your K-5 and please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J

10-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by daveyohill Quote
a photo-safari to the wilds of DownEast Maine
Welcome to the forum, what kind of "big game" will you capture there?