Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-12-2013, 12:44 PM   #1

New to photography and pentax

I just picked up a pentax k110d for super cheap on craigslist for trying my hand at photography. It's fun so far and can see myself getting addicted really quick. I already picked up a Ricoh P 1:2 50mm and shooting with that is awesome. Just thought I'd join up to see what I can learn and maybe contribute. Thanks.

10-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

Welcome aboard, awestun!
I started with a new K110D all those many years ago, it was my first DSLR after shooting film for decades.
I still have fond memories of the 110, it provided me with an easy entry to the digital format and even with 'only' 6 megapixels and a kit zoom, still took fine photos.
It may interest you to know I passed the K110D along to my sister when I upgraded to a K10D, and it's still going strong!
The 50mm is a good prime lens to start with. You might consider the kit 18-55mm for an all-around zoom, it's a fine value. I believe there's one or two for sale on the Marketplace Forum, if not they come up regularly.
You could also look into (if you haven't already) a free online post-processing app, Picasa and several others are available.
Good Luck!
Ron
10-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Forum Member

Hi awestun,

Welcome to this beautiful place!!!

10-13-2013, 12:03 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the K110D, I carry mine around in my car all the time ... never know when you'll get a good "snap" opportunity ... please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
10-13-2013, 07:37 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, enjoy what you find here, there's certainly plenty to see.
10-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Welcome aboard, awestun!
I started with a new K110D all those many years ago, it was my first DSLR after shooting film for decades.
I still have fond memories of the 110, it provided me with an easy entry to the digital format and even with 'only' 6 megapixels and a kit zoom, still took fine photos.
It may interest you to know I passed the K110D along to my sister when I upgraded to a K10D, and it's still going strong!
The 50mm is a good prime lens to start with. You might consider the kit 18-55mm for an all-around zoom, it's a fine value. I believe there's one or two for sale on the Marketplace Forum, if not they come up regularly.
You could also look into (if you haven't already) a free online post-processing app, Picasa and several others are available.
Good Luck!
Ron
Thanks. The k110 came with a broken 28-80mm sigma that might get thrown away. I also have a smc pentax 50mm f2 which seems to be my favorite so far. I might get a kit lens for cheap and play around with it too. My cousin is a pro so she's been helping my out a little on what to get and what to stay away from. I also have been dabbling with gimp for post processing.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.