Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I hope you have come through the fires unscathed.

This is what the hill looked like from near my place this afternoon.
Thanks. Yes we're all good, though the backyard didn't look the most promising for a little while there...

Where There's Smoke ... (edit) by -Occasionally Focused-

10-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad to hear. I can't see any smoke from here at Emu Plains but I can hear choppers. Yesterday, they were coming across to fill their water buckets and tanks from the river.
10-18-2013, 01:42 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The choppers have been backward and forward all day I'm told (I went for a motorbike ride to Picton for lunch).

I noticed this Bell 214B has US registration but Heli Lift Australia and McDermott Aviation painted on the side. McDermott is an Australian company.

It's not the clearest as the DA* 60-250 was at 250mm and was handheld.

First pic is the size in camera, the second a crop.

Tomorrow i might go up river to see if I can find where they are filling up the tanks and waterbuckets.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
10-18-2013, 03:15 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
That's a fine pic; very good capture. I think I caught 'Elvis' but I had my 50 mm prime on, so it's rather a lot very distant.