Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Posts: 3,001
Hi from another new member in Australia

Hi everyone......have been a pentax user (k200d and now a K5ii) for over 5 years and have used this forum many times as a resource so thought it time to register.

I live at Goolwa in South Australia and retired here 3 years ago (rural sea change). Photography is one of those things I do to help reduce my brain bokeh and keep some sought of reasonable IQ up there (though some brain vingnetting is acceptable from time to time!).

My only photographic claim to fame is I ran the Austraia Post Stamp program from 2005 to 2010, working with many great creative people...... so when it comes to photography, I really do understand how little I know! Cheers....Noel

10-14-2013, 05:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Tsuken's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,483
Welcome. I absolutely love the notion of brain bokeh and vignetting. Might just have to steal and remember that

... though it'll probably get cropped out...
10-14-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 20
Welcome from another South Australian, Goolwa is a lovely spot, great place to retire.
10-14-2013, 07:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member




Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 402
Goodness, its invasion of the Auzzies night!
WELCOME ABOARD!

10-15-2013, 02:26 AM   #5
Site Supporter
beachgardener's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,925
Gooday mate and welcome to the forum
10-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Jean Poitiers's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Lost in translation ...
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,376
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
11-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30,584
Welcome, that's a truly great intro, I suffer from the next level of "brain vignetting" it's called "ND Brain" (that's neutral density) so there's hope for you yet.
11-06-2013, 02:50 AM   #8
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,081
Hello and welcome from just up the road in Adelaide. You wouldn't be the only sea changer down there, that's for sure.

11-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #9
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,117
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, that's a truly great intro, I suffer from the next level of "brain vignetting" it's called "ND Brain" (that's neutral density) so there's hope for you yet.
ND2, 4 or 8?
11-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #10
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 30,584
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
ND2, 4 or 8?
At times it's a pair of eights.
11-06-2013, 03:23 AM   #11
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,117
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
At times it's a pair of eights.
Beats walking into the white light…

BTW, welcome from under Down Under, Noel.
11-06-2013, 04:39 AM   #12
Veteran Member
JayBee451's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 379
Welcome to the Forum Noel from Sunny Coast Qld.
11-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Vylen's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,248
Welcome mate. Take plenty of pics and show us what's great about South Australia

11-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #14
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Posts: 3,001
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Hi everyone......have been a pentax user (k200d and now a K5ii) for over 5 years and have used this forum many times as a resource so thought it time to register.

I live at Goolwa in South Australia and retired here 3 years ago (rural sea change). Photography is one of those things I do to help reduce my brain bokeh and keep some sought of reasonable IQ up there (though some brain vingnetting is acceptable from time to time!).

My only photographic claim to fame is I ran the Austraia Post Stamp program from 2005 to 2010, working with many great creative people...... so when it comes to photography, I really do understand how little I know! Cheers....Noel
Thanks Guys.......just got back from China so will upload some photos from there soon.
11-06-2013, 07:24 PM   #15
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,081
QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Welcome mate. Take plenty of pics and show us what's great about South Australia
Noel will be taking plenty of portraits then, 'cause the people that live here are great
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
australia, brain, photography, time
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
new member from Canberra, Australia lenticular Welcomes and Introductions 5 06-20-2013 03:46 AM
New member from Australia Adinfinitum Welcomes and Introductions 2 02-05-2013 04:49 PM
New member from Australia Pentaxian359 Welcomes and Introductions 7 01-25-2013 12:42 AM
New member from Australia. Denv12 Welcomes and Introductions 16 12-18-2012 03:28 PM
New Member: in Darwin Australia TheBludger Welcomes and Introductions 2 04-25-2012 03:18 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:27 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top