Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2013, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #1

K-x unbelievable quality for a little money

Well, I have the K-x now for two years, and every time I use it I think how is it possible to make a camera with all these functions and still deliver a quality of a 1000 € camera. Wow.

10-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Pentax cuts corners in all the right places for the K-x

Plastic body, but still with a metal mount
No AF notification light because they know the points other than the center is not that good anyway, and therefore irrelevant
No dual wheel, but good button placement makes it unnecessary.
No left side controls, but the small body and excellent ergo makes this design work

Also they process that 12mp sensor really for all its worth. The results are better than nikon (or even sony?) implementations of the same sensor.

The only complaint I have about k-x is the pentamirror, and with AF lens it's not a real issue, so that's another good cost cutting move.

My clients never complained about any k-x image It's a camera with really great IQ.
10-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and your K-x ... please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
11-06-2013, 06:41 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, as long as gives you what you need that's good enough in my books.