Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #1

A L O H A from Hawai'i

Aloha!

I'm a full time Magazine Photographer for one of the largest Media groups in Hawai'i. I shoot mostly with Canon DSLRs but have become intrigued by the quality of images afforded by the medium format capabilities of the 645d, especially at its price point. I'm here to glean as much info as possible before, during and after I get my hands on a 645d.

This will be a personal camera and as I have a ton of money invested in my Canon gear I have to be judicious about how I purchase and what gear I buy.

I'd like to shoot some "unconventional" subjects with the 645d, unconventional in that I'd like to try to shoot some sports events using the A* 600/5.6. One question ... I've seen images of what appears to be two A*600/5.6 lenses. One has a simple tripod foot and the other seems to have a tripod foot and a "handle" (SMC Pentax-A* 645 600mm F5.6 ED [IF] Reviews - 645 Telephoto Primes - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database)

I'm assuming that the A* version is "better" because it has ED IF glass and focussing. Any help here would be greatly appreciated as will any advice on lenses. I understand there are a few lenses designed for the :d" but that "legacy" manual focus lenses will also work well.

Thanks for you help

10-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and wish that I could help with you 645D question, but I know "zero" here ... please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
11-06-2013, 06:58 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome, is the one without the handle not the 35 mm version. SMC Pentax-A* 600mm F5.6 ED [IF] Reviews - A Prime Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
11-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! Your knowledge will come in real handy here! All I know about the 645d system is there is a good selection of older lenses to be had!! This would sway me if I could get my hands on the camera!
Joel