Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #1

New Member in Need of Help

Hello everyone from Louisiana,

I have recently come across a Pentax K1000 camera with accessories that was the camera my family used while I was groing up. I am trying to find out how old the camera actually is as weel as the approximate value of the individual items that I have. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much

10-17-2013, 12:37 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K1000 was produced from 1975 to 1995.

For historical selling prices I recommend you check our Sold Items section as well as our camera and lens DB's:
Sold Items - PentaxForums.com
Pentax Lenses - Pentax Lens Reviews & Lens Database
Pentax Digital Cameras and Film Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Prices?

Hello jpenny405, Welcome to the forum!
Adam's given you some good links, the prices here (Marketplace) are fairly accurate, with occasional exceptions.
Sorry to say, the K1000, favorite of students and beginners for decades, doesn't command much on the used market. There were so many made, most still around, that $50.00 would be a ballpark average, in good condition. Maybe $75.00 if exceptional. There was an SE version that might fetch a bit more.
I'm always amazed when I see one on eBay with the least-expensive lens, a 50mm f/2.0, listed for over $150, sometimes $200! Who buys these?
If you post the information on each lens here, someone will help, I'm sure. You can check them against the lens database, also.
Good luck!
Ron
10-17-2013, 11:01 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ...enjoy the forum and please post us an image of your gear, that would help a lot ... Salut, J