Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2013, 03:44 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hello from Norway

Hi,

I thought I would introduce myself I have been a Pentax user for a long time using the Pentax LX and MZ-5 before I bought the K10D when it first came out. I have been taking many pictures and I love the Pentax both ease of use an high quality. I have also been using Nikon kameras but I like the Pentax better.

I started looking at this forum to see if Pentax was planning to launch a FF kamera but I was happy about the launch of the K-3 - even if it's not a FF camera and I am now waiting for when it comes to the shops in Norway.

I just want to say this is a great forum that I will start using more and more!

10-22-2013, 05:44 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Welcome!

Hello Arne, Welcome to the Forum!
Hope you enjoy your time here, lots of friendly and helpful people on this Forum.
I still use my K10D regularly, even though I've since bought newer camera bodies. The 'ten' has a different sensor, a CCD, while just about everything else uses a CMOS sensor. To my eye, the CCD renders colors beautifully, a slightly softer, more realistic tone, especially good for portraits and macro shots.
I've replaced the focusing screen with a Katzeye for easier focusing with manual lenses, some of the legacy glass is outstanding!
Hope to see some photos from you soon,
Ron
10-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Velkommen from a fellow norwegian. This is the place to be when you use Pentax!
10-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
I've replaced the focusing screen with a Katzeye for easier focusing with manual lenses, some of the legacy glass is outstanding! Hope to see some photos from you soon,
Thanks Ron.

I have been missing this kind of focusing screen as I still use manual lenses and I find it a bit hard to do with the standard screen. I didn't know about the Katzeye and it looks really nice! Does anybody know if it will be easy to change these focusing screens on the K-3 as it is on the K10D?

10-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
10-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Not Yet

QuoteOriginally posted by ArneTorp Quote
Thanks Ron.

I have been missing this kind of focusing screen as I still use manual lenses and I find it a bit hard to do with the standard screen. I didn't know about the Katzeye and it looks really nice! Does anybody know if it will be easy to change these focusing screens on the K-3 as it is on the K10D?
Hi Arne,
Since it hasn't been officially released yet, I haven't heard anything about the screen. But, going by the K10D, K-7 and K-5, it should be fairly easy, they all have the same set-up, a small retaining clip that has to be released, the old screen is free to remove, capture it (with plastic tweezers supplied with the Katzeye screen) by holding the small tab on the top, replace the screen-again by holding a similar tab on the new one- and depress the clip until it 'clicks'. Done!
There are several videos online and Katzeye has their own video for the product.
Again, nothing's been released specific (aftermarket) to the K-3 and there may not even be a screen ready yet. But soon...?
Ron