Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2013, 05:31 AM   #1
Veteran Member

new or last video-friend ?

Posting One ... of how many more to come ?

Hi you, especially to those who care about the possible future of Pentax-Video-DSLRs !
Pentax has lost many friends who really want a well done Video-DSLR that is not below
all others on the market - that's pretty clear ...

Now - as the coming K-3 may eventually be the first Video-Cam that works propperly,
can that be true ... and can Pentax win back old friends and find new ones for video ?

I am curious to find good infos her - or otherwise, turn my back on Pentax as well.

10-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and I think that the K-3 will do well there ... Salut, J

06-30-2017, 04:53 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
When getting ready to go for the GH5, thinking of the 12-35 and later on the 35-100 all 2.8 only ... I went to the warehouse twice to get the grip and feel. But I became desperate on the new Kit, the 12-60, and the two 12-35 as well: The manual focus is just a drag and zooming looses focus in between the journey. What semiprofessional videocameras can do by power and zoombutton one cannot do here by hand with focal success.
The next time I tried the two Olympus glasses because in the GH5 facebook group many said they are good for manual focus. Yes, they act quite good, but zooming isn't possible as well. The reason must be the (varifocal) non-parfocal system that is designed for A.Focus mostly.
This is a pain to me. So I wished the Pentax KP might do better here and there because all my Pentax Glasses are parfocal and are able to zoom correctly somehow ... The KP must be a lot better in low light as well, just the codec may be still poor ... and whatabout the SR when filming ?
Of course the GH5 can be better with a speedboster and good manual lenses ... but then it gets to heavy and big for a one man band ... run and gun equiped ... point and shootwilling ... and to much for the money purse as well (not even thinking of the cine-lenses)
My vague illusions let me rethink about poor old lame Pentax again
07-02-2017, 01:22 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by TomGarn Quote
of how many more to come ?
Welcome, it can become a few... look what happened to me.