Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #1

Hello everyone

At one time I was a fairly active photographer. I had, and still have, a Pentax ME Super and several Pentax lenses. My primary photographic interests were intimate portraits of the natural world, including macro. Due to a move that took me away from the Santa Monica mountains in California I seemed to have lost interest in taking pictures. I knew the terrain and plants so well. It was home.

Jump ahead to the digital age. Big, bulky DSLR camera bodies did not appeal to me at all, and smaller digital cameras seemed more like party cameras, but in the last few years compact cameras are producing results that I like, a lot. Going from a Canon S95 to a Lumix LX7, I now have a Ricoh GR and at last I have the perfect camera for my kind of photography; low light performance, macro, sharp imaging and real world color in jpeg. Very nice indeed.

10-25-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! Good pick, the GR is highly regarded. Although thinking of your fine lenses just sitting is kind of sad. Once you get back into the swing, maybe think about a dslr body so you can put em to use again! No pressure, just enjoy the experience and post your results!
Joel
10-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and your GR ... I have a French friend that loves his GR; a good guy except that he shoots basically a D700 with only primes, used to shoot some Pentax, too ... please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
10-26-2013, 06:43 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks Joel and Jean. Very nice of you to be so welcoming.

Yes Joel, the lenses. I am considering the Pentax KO1 body. People who have it seem to really like it, and they are reasonably priced right now. Chances are I would not use a camera like that very much, as I have become spoiled by compact cameras that are always with me, but it would be interesting to use my old lenses again. I have kept very good care of them.

Jean, a friend of mine just returned from France. She had a fantastic time and took a lot of pictures. Your country is so beautiful and full of amazing architecture and history, and food!