Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Hola from COLOMBIA

Hi everybody,

After reading so many reviews and magazines.. I finally decided to take the risk of buying a Pentax K30 in a country of CaNikon fans.. and I think it was the best choice I could have done.
I bought it from Amazon with a complete kit, which is usefull in a 90%, leaving out the weaky tripod and the useless macro and "2X" lenses from the "True Digital" brand.

I wonder to know which is the best forum to ask about lenses. I already have a 18-55 mm and a 50-200, but I just bought an old -but still useful and beautiful- 50mm ZENIT lens, but my K30 does not recognize it !! It does fit on the body but doesn“t let me take a picture with it. It appears an "f_ _ _" on red sparkling on my screen.. So, where should I ask for help about this?

Thanx in advance, I will really appreciate any help you could offer to me.

Here you can find some of my work done with this camera: Flickr: Santiago del Sur's Photostream

Cheers for our Pentax!

/// Shantiago

10-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
See this article: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-meter...k-x-k-7-a.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! I looked at your photos. great stuff!! I really like the lego bride, really brilliant!! Looks like you are already enjoying that K-30. Once you get the hang of manual lenses, you will be doomed! LBA will get you!!
10-27-2013, 09:25 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and your K-30 with manual lenses ... please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J

10-27-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Trės merci Jean P ! Thank you too Joel!

Bien sure mon ami, Je vais profiter..

10-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Hola, welcome!
You need to Enable aperture ring in the Menu, and then input the focal length manually (as you see it written on the lens, or the nearest wider one)
Old lenses are so old they dont have AF, they dont have automatic aperture, they dont have digital contacts to let the camera know focal length.. But you can still use them. Just read up the link that Adam posted. Also, look at CiF (Catch in focus, aka focus trapping) - it gives you some functions similar to AF with a full manual lens! There are many threads about it. The K-30 also allows focus peaking in live view, which is very helpful with focusing manual lenses, at least fast normal primes. Good luck!
10-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Thank you Na Horuk ! you did it!

Besides, I found how to do it step by step as you said, at this place: Using K-30 With Older Lenses | Ricoh Imaging Support

This is the one of the first photos taken with the old lens in my newbrand K 30.

Thanx a mill !!