Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2013, 02:43 AM   #1

just joined

Hello, just signed up from Belfast I have used old s.l.r Pentax cameras when younger and am using a K30. I recently got out my old Tamron adaptall 28mm and being quite pleased with the results just got a ricoh Rikenon xr f1.7 50mm on Ebay. Iwondered could some of your contibuters give me an opinion on whether they think the lens is any good. It is difficult to get the lens precisely focussed. I suppose autofocus makes us a bit lazy!I'll try to post some of the first pictures I took to test it out a couple of days ago.unsharp masked a little bit. Does anyone know if you can perform lens adjustment on the K30 for lenses other than Pentax such as my Sigma 18-250mm zoom? The instructions I have seen are vague. If anyone can direct me to a simple list of instructions I'd be grateful.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
10-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome! 8)

I'm new, and can't tell you anything about the lens. Excellent camera though 8) And lovely photos.
10-28-2013, 04:18 AM   #3

Original Poster
new lens

Thanks for your comments. Perhaps I just need to really work hard on focussing.
10-28-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. Check out the reviews of the Rikenon xr 50/1.7 in the 3rd party lens reviews. It has a good reputation (but most of the 50/1.7 lenses are pretty good). Your images look fine to me. I am no expert and I am still trying to master post processing, but with unsharp mask I find a little is much better than a lot. I think you have got the right amount. On lens adjustment, If you are talking about front-focus and back-focus, others will know than I do, since I don't have a camera that provides for it. Give a few details of what you think the issue is with your Sigma 18-250 and you are sure to get some advice. And keep posting images.

10-28-2013, 09:54 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and and please post us another image or two soon ... Salut, J
10-29-2013, 01:45 AM   #6

Original Poster
Ricoh lens

Thanks for your welcome Jean and for other suggestions. where do people usually post images on the site? Do they just do it to ask questions as I did or just because they want to get some criticism of their work. obviously i am new to all this.