Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2013, 10:20 AM   #1

Hello and help to find K3 in NY

Hello,
My name is Leandro and I'm from Argentina.

I'm consider myself as just a hobbist but a few years ago I started to like photograpy more and more since I started to enjoy this hobby with my daughter.... and she is better photographer than me...

I will arrive friday 4PM to New York city, and I realized that B&H and Adorama close 2PM, please do you know where can I buy the new Pentax K3 friday afternoon?

I will have only friday and saturday to buy it and tehn I have to return home.

Many thanks in advance and thank you for let me join this forum.

Leandro

10-31-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Order it online (Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera (Body Only) 15530 B&H Photo Video) and have it shipped to where you'll be living. All the NYC photo stores that carry Pentax close early and remain closed on Saturday, AFAIK. You can always come in on Sunday, but chances are that the camera will be sold out by then. I just spoke with B&H and they have a very limited inventory on the K-3 (due to a high volume of orders so far).

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you Adam, I really appreciate your reply.

My worst case scenário is going on saturday and have no availability.

This will would be my first Pentax, if I give up and I go for a K5II, can you recomend me a store to find it on saturday morning?

Once again Thank You!!!

Leandro
10-31-2013, 12:19 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Lonehunter Quote
Thank you Adam, I really appreciate your reply.

My worst case scenário is going on saturday and have no availability.

This will would be my first Pentax, if I give up and I go for a K5II, can you recomend me a store to find it on saturday morning?

Once again Thank You!!!

Leandro
Unless there are some smaller stores that carry Pentax in NYC (which I'm not aware of, and even if they did exist, they wouldn't have the K-3 yet), you probably won't be able to get a K-3 on Saturday.

That's why I suggest you place a mail order at B&H and have it shipped to wherever you're staying. Make sure you place your order before 4pm (in 45 minutes), otherwise it won't arrive tomorrow!
Pentax K-3 DSLR Camera (Body Only) 15530 B&H Photo Video

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-31-2013, 07:17 PM   #5

Original Poster
Hey guys I have called and placed my order, it was processed and I will pick up my camera on sunday in the way to the airport !

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!! I will start enjoying my first Pentax DSLR very soon.

Have a great day!!!
10-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #6
Site Supporter

Bonjour Lonehunter from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and that new K-3 when you get it ... please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
11-01-2013, 03:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! Now that's what I call a happy ending!! And i know about the daughter part. I Gave my daughter a camera and and she is growing by leaps and bounds!! Makes a dad proud!!! Have a safe trip home.
Joel