Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-31-2013, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #1

Finally I found time to...

...register me as a user of this great resource for the Pentax users... the best, for sure, and, not like other brand, absolutelly managed with impartial judjemant even if it's a "fan" place...

fan but not fanatics... that's absolutelly GREAT!

The same pentax forum of my own country is not so onest at all, many time I can not explain my disappointment with a problem or an issue, without beeing misunderstood or, worse, neglected as a decent opinonist.

I read this website for many year, taking so much from it in terms of experience, guide and common feelings... and now I feel the need to give the little experience I growed in this time.

My English is not so good, so I hope you all will be patient with all the mistakes I'll do for sure.

I'm a student and a part-time worker, in Naples, Italy. A big town (2-3 milion with the interland), a wonderfull place for social and street ph., the kind I shoot most of all.

I'm more a ph. amateur than a "hardware" and "stuff" feticist... but I have a little family story tha makes me a pentax lover...

Once upon the time... at least 8 year ag˛, looking for an old album of ph.s, I found, under a ton of album, a Pentax ME-Super with the 28 50 and 135 M series (entry level... 2.8, 1,7 and 3.5)... it was the gift my great father gave my father for it's marriege with my mother. With it my parents shooted all the magic moment of my early family, includede my first 3-4 year and 1th year of my youger sister... than we moove to another house, cause of a "running away" because of a "Mafia" issue... and so the Me-Super disappeared in the transolcation... after al least 20 year I discovered it, as I just told you, and, after a little minor fix by a professional repairer here in town, I started my ph. passion... just a yaer later I bought a k-x in a double kit... and so on until now... wishing a k-3 because of the FXXXXXXXG AF system of Pentax, so bad for my kind of shoots... I'm allways tempted by moove to Nikon because of it's marvellous AF.. but I'm still here...!!!

Bad for you!

10-31-2013, 04:00 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard! Your English is 500% better than my Italian, so no need to apologise! I'm sure you'll find plenty to shoot around Napoli! (Not shooting in a "Mafia" way!)
10-31-2013, 09:26 PM   #3
Pentaxian

dare il benvenuto ;-)
10-31-2013, 11:51 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Bonjour pesao from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and never worry about your English, everyone is friendly here ... please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J

11-01-2013, 05:17 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome aboard, have fun and learn the Kx - usually technique can make the most of autofocus. Thanks for the story, it's great to have a link to your own history.
11-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pesao Quote
My English is not so good, so I hope you all will be patient with all the mistakes I'll do for sure.
Welcome from Iowa! You type better than I do and english is my mother tongue!!
Joel