Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello from the Amazon!

Hi everybody the world over! I live in the middle of the Amazon basin, where the two biggest rivers meet, and have been a Pentaxian since my teens, having churned through the SLR's MX and ME Super, which I still cling to, and faithfully waited for the *ist, then the K10, and K5. Now im am seriously itching all over and spending hours awake pondering how to get hold of the K3!

Unfortunately I have to work, but my passion is travelling the world, and clicking! With my age, I have become a little more practical, and now travel lighter: a 18-250, for most of the pictures, and the 10-17. One of my saddest days, was to discover that the insane humidity of the Amazon had a whack at my 100 macro

Love Pentax, and respect other Pentax owners! One of the ominous experiences travelling the world, was seeing another traveller with a K5, and we nodded ominously at each other, with awe and respect. Another, I bumped into a guy with some serious kit (light meter, tripod, etc.) making pictures of the last daylight sliver on a mountaintop, cursing his head off, because he ran out of battery juice, and I borrowed my extra battery... and my 10-17... That is what I like about Pentaxians! We help each other out, and respect each other!

11-01-2013, 11:37 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... nice intro and please post post us an image or two ... Salut, J

11-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... nice intro and please post post us an image or two ... Salut, J

Thanks! Merci!
11-02-2013, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #4
mee
Pentaxian

*waves* welcome!

I shop a lot at Amazon(.com) that is kind of the same right?