Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #1

Bonjour from Michigan!

Hi,

I am fairly new to DSLRs, but I am looking into purchasing a Pentax K-5 IIs in the near future ; I have tried both Canon and Nikon and neither have impressed me. However, I cannot see spending the increased price of the K3 for my first DSLR. If you have any convincing arguments either way please let me know, because I would love to get some advice from current Pentaxians. So far my friends and family seem to like my pictures, even if they are taken with my wanna-be DSLR Kodak and I have been researching this for many months, so I think I am heading in the right direction. Besides I don't know how much longer I can wait!

Kind Regards,

NL

11-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum! I'm also new here and to dslr's. And I had one if those Kodaks (z981). Took some great pictures with it. But, I grew out of it, like you probably did. I wanted a Pentax dslr, but couldn't afford it yet, so I bought a Caonon sx260 last year because of it's claims to be better in low light. It's a good P&S, but it didn't live up to the claims, and I had slightly less control than with my Kodak. A few weeks ago I got a KX. I gave my Kodak to my husband and the Canon is my purse camera. I have been researching Pentax cameras for a couple of years. I may not have enough user experience to comment, but I think you will be very happy with the K-5 IIs. If I had the money, I would go for either that one, or the K50. It's a huge upgrade from where we came! I'm even tickled pink with my KX. 😊 Sorry to be long-winded. Good luck in your decision!
11-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Being the K-3 is out prices on the K-5IIs should be falling I don't know what kind of stock is out there. Although now discontinued, the K-5IIs, K-5II, and K-30 are still fairly recent, you won't go wrong with any of them. You've already discovered the real key to photography, it will be nice for you to have the tools that can reflect your talents.
11-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and please post post us a Pentax image or two soon ... Salut, J