Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #1

Photos: Albums
New to Taks :-)

Hi there everybody,

my name is mike and I'm a photographer from Germany, doing fashion, portrait, erotic, weddings - the works.

As my mother is a photographer and used to be a photo lab technician, I was introduced to photography very early and owned my first camera at the tender age of six - this beauty, which still works perfectly - and my first lab at eight

I've been using CANON cameras for over 40 years, but I have to say I'm very impressed with the new K-3. I think Beyer sensor with AA-filter is pure stone age and every move away from that is to be applauded!

But that's not why I'm here! I've been mostly into vintage German (CZJ, Pentacon) and Russian (Helios, Jupiter, Mir) lenses until now and love to work with those on my CANONs with chipped adapters, but a few weeks ago I happened to discover the Takumar Club thread in this forum and I am now under the impression I seriously missed something by focusing on German and Russian lenses - those Taks are awesome! I have to get a few of those

I want to thank everybody for their great photos and invaluable information they freely distribute in said thread (and other threads, of course) and look forward to contribute some comparisons between Taks and German & Russian lenses as soon as I found the Taks I want in mint condition - mainly a 35mm f3.5 Tak, an 8 element 50mm f1.4 Super-Tak, a 55mm f1.8 SMC-Tak and most of all a 135mm f2.5 SMC-Tak 43812 (can't wait to compare that one to my 15-blade "Bokehmonster", the Pentacon 135mm f2.8)

I already bought a 200mm f4 Tak on eBay yesterday and I'm currently waiting for it's arrival - it will be very interesting to compare that one to the Pentacon 200mm f/4...

cheers everybody - take care!
mike

Last edited by MKvip Beauty; 11-06-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: corrected URL
11-05-2013, 08:50 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Welcome, Mike.
I enjoy my Taks by setting ISO to auto and exposure mode to M for carefree walkaround shooting. They're great lenses.
11-06-2013, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Welcome to the PF Mike, looking forward to read about your comparison of the old lenses.
11-06-2013, 08:29 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks a lot for the warm welcome, guys :-)

Tak on...

11-06-2013, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy and hope to see many a Tak capture soon ... Salut, J
11-06-2013, 08:47 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Welcome from Iowa! With your experience, you will be a great asset to the forum! Enjoy those Takumar lenses. Pentaxians are very romantic and poetical about their love of them!
Joel
11-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MKvip Beauty Quote
I already bought a 200mm f4 Tak on eBay yesterday and I'm currently waiting for it's arrival
It arrived today - here are some test pictures of this great lens.
11-10-2013, 01:53 PM - 1 Like   #8
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro and yes there's many great legacy lenses out there for you to enjoy.