Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #1

Back to Pentax Cameras!

New to this forum, but love the Pentax cameras and lenses. I'm glad to see Pentax in the HDSLR group with what appears to be a very usable camera. I still have my old Spotmatic, from another century, yet, with adapters, those Takumar lenses have done well for me, when adapted to the Canon MKII. With that said, does anyone here know if I will be able to adapt Nikon and my old Pentax lenses to this new "K" mount? That would be the only thing keeping me from pulling out my credit card to purchase this camera. I think it will prove itself. The features look very promising. I have a documentary film to shoot, edit and deliver, soon, and I think this camera will be very useful for this project. Any answers, concerns or ideas will be appreciated....thanks,

11-06-2013, 12:51 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Gregus
Welcome.
Yes, certainly Pentax screw mount to K-mount presents no problem at all. Several options available. Nikon to Pentax can be done too, according to this Amazon.com: Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Nikon Lens to Pentax K Mount Camera: Camera & Photo but I do not have any personal experience with that. I think you'll find some other posts on this site with regard to this adapter.
Kind regards,
Mark
11-06-2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The original design of the K mount was intended to support m42 lenses. The critical features of the mount have continued to the present. The Takumar M42s are almost my only lenses for the past few years.

Not only 'can they be used' but they are easy to use. I high end body will have a much better viewfinder than my now aged K100DS making focus easy to achieve.
11-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and hope to see a capture or two soon ... Salut, J

11-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Welcome to the PF and glad you have found your way back to the Pentax stable.
11-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! You nailed the selling point of the Pentax system: backwards compatibility!! They did it right by keeping the registration distance the same when they adopted the k-mount. Which means all that classic glass is available!! So the short is I don't think you can go wrong with the Pentax line!
Joel
11-14-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gregus Quote
Back to Pentax Cameras
Welcome back, shame on you for even leaving.

And even admitting it when you came back, I'd have crept in quiet and sat in the corner for a wee while.