Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #1

Greetings from O'Fallon, Missouri

Howdy all. I just received my K-30 this evening and I am stoked! All the reviews I've read and/or watched make me think that I can't really go wrong using this camera as a novice. I'm sure there will be a steep learning curve coming from the point & click world. In that world the camera did all the work for me but I had to know what I wanted to shoot. So if I was happy with where my mind's eye was taking me in the P&C world then I can only imagine how much more control I'll have with the K-30 and how many more horizons will open up.

Now I'm an old guy...er....Dave...so have mercy of me. I'm far from being a troglodyte and am actually a geek. But getting the basics down is where I'll need to start. If anyone knows the best was to get a crash course going please feel free to let me know. So enough I'll be in a duck blind but shooting with a camera instead of a shotgun. I want to make the most of it.

And my thanks goes out to all of you that have made this forum what it is. I can only hope that your passion helps drive me to make the most of mine.

11-07-2013, 02:36 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and your K-30 ... hope to see a capture or two soon ... Salut, J
11-07-2013, 04:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! 16 mega pixels, high iso, weather sealed, "lucky!!" Sorry, trying a Napoleon Dynamite moment. A little duck blind action huh? Well you got the right camera for that!! And as for being new, that's the beauty of it, the camera can be as automated or manual as you need and want!! So don't worry you can take your time and enjoy the experience!
Joel
11-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #4

Original Poster
Jean ~ Merci!

Joel ~ I need to get back up to your neck of the woods when spring rolls around. I've been through some of those bridges in Madison County but didn't have a camera. Now its a destination.

11-07-2013, 07:19 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome from a fellow Midwesterner!
Blind shooting can be a good opportunity to use some nice old manual glass, since you have the time to set up and manually focus.