Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #1
Inactive Account

New and a question

Howdy all. I have an old K1000, not on the "what do you own list". I have several lenses for this camera, and would like to keep them. I was told that these lenses will fit the newer digital body's. If so is there a specific body that fits or any SLR body? I have a 35,80-210 and a 700 mm. Would it be better to sell all of it and get a new SLR? Or donate it to a Museum??

11-11-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Scott D Quote
Howdy all. I have an old K1000, not on the "what do you own list". I have several lenses for this camera, and would like to keep them. I was told that these lenses will fit the newer digital body's. If so is there a specific body that fits or any SLR body? I have a 35,80-210 and a 700 mm. Would it be better to sell all of it and get a new SLR? Or donate it to a Museum??
All your old lenses should work with any Pentax DSLR. You can post the K1000 on our Marketplace if you want to give it away to someone, I'm sure there are lots of students out there in need of one.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and keep your old gear IMHO ... and buy a new Pentax DSLR, like a K-50. My K1000 has a roll in it now, lots of fun ... and what did you mean when you wrote that you have a "700mm" lens (?) ... Salut, J
11-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and keep your old gear IMHO ... and buy a new Pentax DSLR, like a K-50. My K1000 has a roll in it now, lots of fun ... and what did you mean when you wrote that you have a "700mm" lens (?) ... Salut, J
The lens, 700 mm. I can count your nose hair if you were 3 soccer field away. High power. I will check out the K-50, thank you. Bonjour From America. Thank you for the Statue of Liberty.

Last edited by Parallax; 11-12-2013 at 02:56 PM.
11-14-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
You've had all the good news re your lenses, so I'll just say welcome to the forum.