Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #1

Need help with a new lens choice?

Hello! I'm somewhat of a beginner, I've had my K-01 for almost a year now. I currently have a manual lens and an automatic lens. Pretty basic. My question is that I am wanting a lens that will put the subject more in focus and blur out or soften the background considerably. I'm hoping to start taking more pictures of kids and families and would like more of a variety with a lens. Any recommendations?
Thanks!

11-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, it may pay you to post your question in the Lenses section of the forum where you'll get more replies. Any lens that can get down to around F2.8 would do the trick and give you the Bokeh background you want.
11-13-2013, 07:01 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The DA 35mm f2.4 (plastic wonder) lens might be a good one. That's pretty wide and has a large-ish aperture. Certainly for the price it's worth a shot. The wider aperture provides a thinner depth of field, meaning the background will be more out-of-focus.
11-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
You had all the good advice already, I got here late so I'll just say welcome to the forum.