Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2007, 08:26 PM   #1

Just got one

So got the K100D last week which is my first SLR. Have already added the DA 50-200mm and the AF-360FGZ flash in addition to the 18-55mm kit lens. Since I have never had another SLR to compare either the camera or lenses to they are the best I have had. Figure 6 months or so then will look at what I take most of the photo's at and pick up a prime lens - wife would kill me if I did it now =)

Looking forward to learning how to be a better photo taker and learning much more from everyone here!

Not from Canada as it seems like alot of the new introductions are, but close enough in Minnesota.

01-18-2007, 08:32 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum. Hope you really enjoy your camera.

I used film slr's for years, but am enjoying my first digital one.

Will (not from Canada either)
01-19-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

You found a good place to learn. There are a lot of very experienced, knowledgeable people on this forum (unfortunately I'm not one of them!!!) that can give you some good advice. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of Minnesota!
01-19-2007, 02:35 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
great to have you on board. I am not new to photography, but new to digital SLR world. much to learn, but enjoy doing it.

looking forward to your input.
BTW, when you convince your wife you need a prime, please pass on how you did it, I can use a good excuse as well!!

cheers

randy

01-19-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
BTW, when you convince your wife you need a prime, please pass on how you did it, I can use a good excuse as well!!
Tell her you need it to get better pictures of the kids. Sold!
01-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gorfmai Quote
Tell her you need it to get better pictures of the kids. Sold!
since she takes most of the kids pics with her K100, my best bet is to convince HER that she needs a prime for better shots, and I can beg to borrow the prime every once and a while

cheers

randy
01-19-2007, 03:47 PM   #7

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. Will have some pictures to post here pretty soon. Along with the new camera I have been trying to figure out how to organize all the photo's from our P&S's - let it get to about 5k without doing anything. Think I have it all figured out on what I am going to do - just need to implement it before downloading any more photo's and creating a bigger mess.

And if I do figure out to get a prime past the wife will let you know for sure!
01-19-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by buckethead Quote
Thanks everyone. Will have some pictures to post here pretty soon. Along with the new camera I have been trying to figure out how to organize all the photo's from our P&S's - let it get to about 5k without doing anything. Think I have it all figured out on what I am going to do - just need to implement it before downloading any more photo's and creating a bigger mess.

And if I do figure out to get a prime past the wife will let you know for sure!
Here is a free organizer that lets you store and organize unlimited photos
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/starter.htmlhttp://
It is the exact same organizer that comes with photoshop elements.
It is as good as any, and the price is right.

hope this helps

randy

01-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slipchuck Quote
Here is a free organizer that lets you store and organize unlimited photos
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshopalbum/starter.htmlhttp://
It is the exact same organizer that comes with photoshop elements.
It is as good as any, and the price is right.

hope this helps

randy
Thanks for the link there. What I am doing is IDimager Lite - free also - to catalog/tag all my images. Doing it that way saves me a bit of having to rename or clean up old folders. Just have to clean up my 2007 folder before any more downloads. Also have Bridge from CS2 for a browser and go from there.

Jon
01-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Hi Buckethead!

I don't know if Slipchuck tried this already.

I'm actually flying under the radar hoping to sneak a cheap used 80-200 by my wife. I'm going to say I borrowed it from a friend for a little while (I actually know a Pentax film SLR owner at work). We'll see how my wife reacts.

Just buy used (and manual focus) to keep costs low - this way if the gig is up, she won't go up in arms over the "small" expense (if she asks for a receipt). Then when she sees what she can do with the lens and asks, "Why can't it be auto focus?" at that point attack! You may not get another opportunity for a while - SPEND BIG IN YOUR ATTEMPT TO SATISFY THAT LBA!

By the way, welcome to the forums!