Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have just joined this forum and am happy to discover it. I am 65 years old and a fairly serious amateur photographer. I purchased my first Pentax camera in 1968 ( a Spotmatic). I just purchased a K-3 and will be using it for the first time this weekend on a trip to Monument Valley. I also own a K-5 IIs and a K-7 (converted for infrared B&W photography).
I discovered the forum because I was disappointed in the K-3 instruction manual and was looking for a solution. The manual I received is too brief, the print too small and the screen captures printed in manual can't be read! I seem to recall that there was a private publisher producing very detailed Pentax manuals.

11-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #2
Unregistered User

Welcome!

The manual really sucks...
11-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums. Are you referring to Mark Stensvold and the magic lantern guides? I doubt that the have a K-3 yet.
11-16-2013, 01:55 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, there is another lad who does the Pentax manuals too, called Yvon Bourque, not sure if his K-3 is out yet, give him a Google.

11-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #5

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, there is another lad who does the Pentax manuals too, called Yvon Bourque, not sure if his K-3 is out yet, give him a Google.
It's not out yet, but he said early December: PENTAX DSLRs: The Ricoh GR e-book is put on the back burner while the e-book for the Pentax K-3 has become a priority.

I forgot to say welcome to the forums - a wonderful place to hang out.
11-17-2013, 12:03 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and your K-3 ... can you download a pdf English version of the Pentax website (?) ... please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J