Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-16-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
SLR to DSLR!

Hi, I have just found out about you guys and joined up. I am a Spanish teacher who loves to take photos. I have used ones I took in Mexico in my classes to teach about the culture of Mexico. My husband taught me a great deal about composition--he was an artist as well as a professor. I learned on the Pentax K1000 which I dearly loved using. When I changed to DSLR, I chose the IST Dl and the K100D Super because they have a pop up flash (and because I could use my older SLR lenses with them!)--I like using the the flash using with hot shoe--but they are a bit of a bother when you are clambering all over exploring places be it in Hawaii, Bonaire, Mexico, or North Carolina. I need to upgrade the memory card from only using SD to SDHC cards. Any and all advice on that is welcome! I am also a singer/composer who plays several instruments so I have plenty to keep me occupied. My 9 inside cats help in that regard too!
67*Lisbet

11-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
What'chu lookin at

Photos: Gallery
Hello, and welcome from Vancouver Island! I too made the plunge from film to digital just a few months ago, still got my work cut out for me. I've learned some good stuff here, from just browsing the forum and participating in the monthly single lens challenge. Enjoy your stay!
11-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome to the board!

If I remember correctly (and I'm not sure that I do) but I think that the ist D used CF cards, not SD. On the K100D as long as you are using the latest firmware in your camera you should be able to use SDHC cards without a problem.
11-16-2013, 10:14 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Odinz Quote
Welcome to the board!

If I remember correctly (and I'm not sure that I do) but I think that the ist D used CF cards, not SD. On the K100D as long as you are using the latest firmware in your camera you should be able to use SDHC cards without a problem.
My ist Dl uses SD cards only at the moment. It can be upgraded using a USB cord to the computer--but I need to find the site that gives full instructions. I had to move a bunch of papers that contained a copy of that info--and the cats decided to play with them so I need to sort through again to find it! The life of a Spanish teacher who has 9 cats is NEVER dull!

11-16-2013, 11:55 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and please post us an image or two soon ... Salut, J
11-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, great intro, nine cats, I have two and that's enough.
11-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 67*Lisbet Quote
My ist Dl uses SD cards only at the moment. It can be upgraded using a USB cord to the computer--but I need to find the site that gives full instructions. I had to move a bunch of papers that contained a copy of that info--and the cats decided to play with them so I need to sort through again to find it! The life of a Spanish teacher who has 9 cats is NEVER dull!
Merci bien, Jean. I still sing in French but regretably my speaking ability is about lost as I have no one with whom to converse in French. LOTS to speak Spanish with here in NC!
Actually it is 14 cats total, Kerrowdown. 5 live outside and are semi-feral. One even belongs to the dog! They were babies together. I will try to post some photos from our area--as well as my daft beasts. I have raccoons that come up and feed at night--and the occasional opossum too. They finish off the cats' dry food if I don't bring it in in time.