Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #1

Hi From The Cold Northern Ontario, Can.

Just want to say Hi to all you Pentax followers. I've been shooting with Pentax cameras since the early '60s. I'm ancient at 71 years, and I dropped by to read on what some of you had to say about the Digital Camera models. Yes I do you own, and only have 10 shots through my K10D when I bought it new in '99. I still shoot a lot with my (2) PZ1ps, and much more time with my SP1000 and K model, because of the variety of quality lenses I have for them. I did notice something very odd in the 37mm section of rangefinder lenses, that no where could I find a picture or right up on the blazing Asahi-Kogaku 1:35 - 50mm. I do own serial #515xx in a 9.5 grade. I'm not selling it as it's for my Asahiflex IIB. Are they that rare?. I probably should have asked this in another location, and I'm sure I'll hear.. Lol

11-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #2
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome aboard, all youngsters like yourself are welcome here.
11-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa!
QuoteOriginally posted by oltimer Quote
I'm ancient at 71 years,
71 isn't old! Remember Abraham didn't didn't get rolling until age 99. As for all the rest I know nothing! Just like Schultz.
11-18-2013, 03:25 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by oltimer Quote
Just want to say Hi to all you Pentax followers. I've been shooting with Pentax cameras since the early '60s. I'm ancient at 71 years, and I dropped by to read on what some of you had to say about the Digital Camera models. Yes I do you own, and only have 10 shots through my K10D when I bought it new in '99. I still shoot a lot with my (2) PZ1ps, and much more time with my SP1000 and K model, because of the variety of quality lenses I have for them. I did notice something very odd in the 37mm section of rangefinder lenses, that no where could I find a picture or right up on the blazing Asahi-Kogaku 1:35 - 50mm. I do own serial #515xx in a 9.5 grade. I'm not selling it as it's for my Asahiflex IIB. Are they that rare?. I probably should have asked this in another location, and I'm sure I'll hear.. Lol
Glad to see another Northerner join the Pentax family here.
I am sure some wise ones will soon post something about that lens of yours.

Where are you in "Cold Northern Ontario" ?
I used to live in Hearst ... I hope you are not any farther North than that !

JP

11-18-2013, 04:01 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Glad to see another Northerner join the Pentax family here.
I am sure some wise ones will soon post something about that lens of yours.

Where are you in "Cold Northern Ontario" ?
I used to live in Hearst ... I hope you are not any farther North than that !

JP
I'm from Thunder Bay, and I finally did see the 3.5/50mm lens listed. I have to be honest, the photography on here by the members is outstanding; and in much variety. I do shoot film in my 3F Leica, but in all my years I keep going back to my Pentax Cameras and Lenses more so. Thanks to all for the warm welcome.
11-20-2013, 02:30 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Bonjour from France and welcome to PF ... enjoy the forum and hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J
11-20-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome aboard!

At least it's a dry cold.

11-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #8

Welcome from not so cold Toronto!