Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #61

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/29-welcomes-introductions/245113-i-just-m...ht-k-50-a.html

12-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #62

Can't wait to buy my first Pentax!!https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/29-welcomes-introductions/245148-new-too-pentax.html
12-13-2013, 09:32 PM   #63
Inactive Account

Introduction here! https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/29-welcomes-introductions/245411-new-one.html
12-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #64
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex the Cat Quote
Hello! Is this still available?
Yes. Still a few entries shy of 50.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-14-2013, 07:26 PM   #65

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I have an extra $50 B&H gift card lying around that needs to be given away! This is going to be a very quick giveaway for new members only. Once we have 50 entries or at the end of the day, whichever comes later, I will draw a winner and send him or her the gift card!

To enter:
  1. Create a Free Forum Account if you haven't already
  2. Introduce Yourself, and post a link to your intro in this thread to enter the drawing
Only previously-unregistered users or new members that have joined this month but not yet posted an intro are eligible to enter.

Please note: creating duplicate accounts or duplicate intro threads will earn you a permanent ban

Good luck!

Attachment 195701
Hello,

I am Nicole I just found an old camera that I've never used. I have NO idea what I'm doing. I don't even know how to get at the film. I would like to find out more about the camera and would like to take a photography class. It says K1000 Asahi Pentax SE on the front of the camera. There is no flash on the top. The number at the bottom is 8258585. ANY information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
12-14-2013, 09:14 PM   #66

Here is mine! https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/29-welcomes-introductions/245498-hello-everyone.html
12-14-2013, 11:03 PM - 1 Like   #67

Photos: Albums
Look around this forum and google the rest

QuoteOriginally posted by sweetychuckles Quote
Hello,

I am Nicole I just found an old camera that I've never used. I have NO idea what I'm doing. I don't even know how to get at the film. I would like to find out more about the camera and would like to take a photography class. It says K1000 Asahi Pentax SE on the front of the camera. There is no flash on the top. The number at the bottom is 8258585. ANY information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi
I would suggest for starters, looking around this forum. The 'Articles' menu then sub menu 'Articles and Guides', has lots of useful info. Using a search engine like Google can help find specifics like manufacturers, products, photographers. Google'ing 'K1000 Asahi Pentax SE' gives lots of interesting results. You have a step learning curve to begin with, photography is a big area, but it gets easier as your knowledge grows. Just be patient.

Something you might be aware of, is that the K1000 Asahi Pentax SE is a film camera, not a digital one. You should probably weigh up the cost of film verses digital photography. Film equipment is cheap but the on-going costs of development and printing are high. Mush higher than digital. Especially when, with digital, you can selectively print the photos yourself, on a colour printer.

Cheers
Mal
12-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #68

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I have an extra $50 B&H gift card lying around that needs to be given away! This is going to be a very quick giveaway for new members only. Once we have 50 entries or at the end of the day, whichever comes later, I will draw a winner and send him or her the gift card!

To enter:
  1. Create a Free Forum Account if you haven't already
  2. Introduce Yourself, and post a link to your intro in this thread to enter the drawing
Only previously-unregistered users or new members that have joined this month but not yet posted an intro are eligible to enter.

Please note: creating duplicate accounts or duplicate intro threads will earn you a permanent ban

Good luck!

Attachment 195701
Thanks for this offer. I've joined just a minute ago. My introduction: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/29-welcomes-introductions/245554-introduction.html

12-15-2013, 02:25 PM   #69

Hi,

I am Neil, I have just received an early Xmas pressie a K-50 18-55 DAL WR kit lens. Now the fun starts and forum searching begins - just deciding on which telephoto lens to get.
12-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #70

Hello Pentaxians! My self-introduction is here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/29-welcomes-introductions/245593-hello-romeo-bravo.html

-Romeo
12-16-2013, 05:44 PM   #71

if it's still valid -- this is me
12-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #72

I only joined the forums to find out how to clean lube and adjust lens, i acquired a super takumar 50/1.4 that was spider-webbed with fungi, now its the sharpest lens i own.
I would really love the gift card, as i can not get Ektar 100 film at my locale, and the price of a single roll of Kodak BW400CN costs 3 times more in my locale than it costs at B&H.
12-20-2013, 12:11 PM - 2 Likes   #73
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by 5_Welly Quote
Introduction here! A New One
Congrats- you're our winner! Please send me a PM and I will forward you your $50 gift card

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

« Hello from uk | Hi »