Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #1

JustDisGuy checking in

Greetings, fellow Pentaxians!!

I recently managed to get my hands on a K-50 through AirMiles, and wow was I surprised that the 18-55mm DAL that came with it was a WR! Very happy with the new camera - it's been many years since I had anything other than a point-and-shoot, and I've missed it. Enough that although I've only had the K-50 less than a month, I picked up an HD 55-300 DW WR lens last week, and already jonesing for a macro.

I've also recently connected with the local photography club. I knew I'd like it, but I never expected to *enjoy* it as much as I did the first meeting I went to. It probably sounds cheesy, but it felt like coming home after a long absence.

I've been lurking here at the forums for quite awhile, researching Pentax cameras since the K30 came out but was finally able to pull the pin on the K50, and created my account to join the community.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you folks. See you around the forums!

11-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome aboard, I'm sure many of us share your newfound (or rediscovered) enthusiasm!
11-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome, its good you rekindled your photography interest.
11-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Welcome aboard, I'm sure many of us share your newfound (or rediscovered) enthusiasm!
Thank you! I like the idea of including a link to your Flickr stream in your signature. I may take a page out of your book on that when I've got something I'm not embarassed to show people...!

11-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome, its good you rekindled your photography interest.
Thanks! I agree - rekindling my interest in photography is probably one of the best decisions I've made in a long time.

Cheers!
11-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JustDisGuy Quote
Thank you! I like the idea of including a link to your Flickr stream in your signature. I may take a page out of your book on that when I've got something I'm not embarassed to show people...!
I like the link in the signature, I think it's a great way to share.

I'm just embarrassed I haven't added any photos since summer! I really need to spend some time doing that.
11-21-2013, 07:56 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France ... enjoy the forum and your K-50 ... hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J

11-24-2013, 11:39 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Welcome to PF and bo"njour from France ... enjoy the forum and your K-50 ... hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J
Thanks! I've been looking around a bit - this really is a world-wide community, isn't it?

Nice to make your acquaintance, friend! Our photo club has put out a couple of 'photo challenges' for the next month or so - "Something that rhymes with 'cold'" and something "winter related". I'll post my entries here for some constructive (hopefully!) criticism.

Cheers!
11-25-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! Yep you been bit by the bug! Enjoy the sickness, It's only painful to the wallet! And don't worry about your skill, it's more important to enjoy photography. Skill will come with time. And the members here will do all they can to help!
Joel