Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
11-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Hi from Barcelona

Hello,

I'm Daniel, my love for Formula 1 racing and specifically by an old legend named Nigel Mansell made me pick up that nickname you can read. I have been trackmarshalling here in Barcelona, at Circuit de Catalunya since 2008 at no professional level, and I do enjoy lots, and as work I work as Java Web Developer.

As a "photographer" wich I don't consider myself, I have had a second hand Pentax K110D to start with DSLR cameras, wich only gave me satisfactions for 2 years and then last year I just wanted to improve but was pretty happy with Pentax so as I do love to take photos at motorsport events whenever I can like rallys, or track races, I was looking for something quite much faster than my old K110D and found that the K-r could be the one camera my budget would allow me to afford.

And so, just found a 2nd hand one with only 500 pictures done on it, and bought it.
Since then I can't be happier. It's not that I was not happy with my K110D, I deffinitelly was, but I am very pleased with my K-R in all it's aspects. I found it quite great, it's high ISO is great, it's speed works great, and never had any tungsten light issues, or FF problems.

Plus I could attach on it's body my 55-300mm DAL, and my manual lenses, and yet the newest just arrived, the rokinon 8mm fisheye.

Well, that's all about me, I have been checking reviews and so on from this website since I was wondering in buying my K110D and I do participate in the forum we have in Spain wich it's name is Pentaxeros.com,

Cheers everyone!

11-23-2013, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum and thank you for that very interesting introduction.
11-23-2013, 05:13 AM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France and welcome to PF, Daniel ... enjoy the forum and your K-r (I still use my K110D) ... hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J
11-23-2013, 05:34 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
You are welcome and thanks to you for your kind reply

11-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Merci Jean Poitiers,
The K110D is an excellent option, but i needed to sold it.

salut!
11-23-2013, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! I got a buddy that would die(or kill) for your track job!! He has been a life long fan of formula 1 and racing in general! Hope to see some race photos soon
Joel
11-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hi Joel,
Just tell him to pay us a visit ^^

Alright then, so while working I can take pictures, but here I let you some I did this year, most of them would be WRC (Spain and Sweden), and some F1 from the German Grand Prix. I hope you like them.

I am using a Pentax DA 55-300mm f.4.5-5.8 ED lens in most of the pictures.

WRC Spain Catalunya Costa Daurada 2013

24 Hours of Barcelona 2013

Formula 1 Grand Prix Nurburgring 2013

WRC Sweden 2013

Mainly the 99,99% of the photos I just show here are done with the Pentax DA 55-300mm ED, so as you can imagine, those close ups are just regular pictures I edited and closed up. For example the 911 driver on the white car picture, the original one was taken as the red Porsche one. I would love to have a 600mm of course, but I don't have the money so....

A part from that there is one picture from Rally Catalunya Costa Daurada with a citroen in there it's done with my wonderful Rokinon 8mm f3.5 fisheye, just the last lens I bought and might be the last I buy in quite a while.

Oh, the ones from the 24 Hours race, I just bought a second hand flash, a very nice Metz Mecablitz 36, and the Pentax DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL. I just thought after my 14 hours swift would go down to the pitlane, and take some photos just to learn how to use the flash. And so this is the result of that day.

So, as you can see I'm a petrolhead, whenever I can, I go watch races around, whenever I "have to work" at the race track, I do enjoy myself as well ^^ You might have seen me brieffly if you follow motoGP this year when Lorenzo was celebrating, yes I was one of the boys in orange.

Again I hope you like them

11-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sorry I meant while working I can not take pictures
11-23-2013, 03:53 PM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some pics i forgot

Oh well and this is us at the MotoGP Grand Prix paying tribute to the memory of the Track Marshall who died in the past Canadian Grand Prix

11-23-2013, 07:18 PM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Amazing shots!!! Yep my friend would be in heaven if he had your job. He races with the S.C.C.A. Sports Car Club of America. (no money just fun) Back to the photos, you got skill!! If I were doing the shooting, all you would see is a blur! Although we do have cars in the snow flying through the air here. It's usually during rush hour on the highway!!
11-24-2013, 02:01 AM - 1 Like   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Welcome to the forum, I was asked by a client to cover an event a couple of years back at the Circuito Monteblanco, whilst not F1, it was still quite an experience.
11-24-2013, 03:41 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Hahahaha thanks Joel, well, you can go there and practice :-)

Oh I see. Well, your friend can't complain either; I would love to have my own toy to play with during the weekends

Thank you for your nice words, I don't feel I'm good at that, but sometimes you got some nice shoots. Specially the ones in the jumps at Sweden, I have made a mistake and it's that I seattled the speed too slow so when the car was jumping very close, those images are blurry. Anyway, if I can I will get back in 2014 so I can take better ones

Thank you too kerrowdown Oh I see, so how did you enoyed Montmeló? Did you had fun? When was it and... do you remember wich race?
Just asking for fun, maybe I was not even there so.....
12-15-2013, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #13
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Here one B&W picture done with steelwhool just some days ago with a friend.

I just enjoyed much this place, and playing with the steel whool, it is quite simple to use, and quite great to capture pictures.

12-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #14

QuoteOriginally posted by red5isalive Quote
Hello,

I'm Daniel, my love for Formula 1 racing and specifically by an old legend named Nigel Mansell made me pick up that nickname you can read. I have been trackmarshalling here in Barcelona, at Circuit de Catalunya since 2008 at no professional level, and I do enjoy lots, and as work I work as Java Web Developer.

As a "photographer" wich I don't consider myself, I have had a second hand Pentax K110D to start with DSLR cameras, wich only gave me satisfactions for 2 years and then last year I just wanted to improve but was pretty happy with Pentax so as I do love to take photos at motorsport events whenever I can like rallys, or track races, I was looking for something quite much faster than my old K110D and found that the K-r could be the one camera my budget would allow me to afford.

And so, just found a 2nd hand one with only 500 pictures done on it, and bought it.
Since then I can't be happier. It's not that I was not happy with my K110D, I deffinitelly was, but I am very pleased with my K-R in all it's aspects. I found it quite great, it's high ISO is great, it's speed works great, and never had any tungsten light issues, or FF problems.

Plus I could attach on it's body my 55-300mm DAL, and my manual lenses, and yet the newest just arrived, the rokinon 8mm fisheye.

Well, that's all about me, I have been checking reviews and so on from this website since I was wondering in buying my K110D and I do participate in the forum we have in Spain wich it's name is Pentaxeros.com,

Cheers everyone!
Welcome.
12-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thank you Jan