Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #1

Greetings!

I just registered as a new member of pentax forums. I had a canon rebel t1i as my first camera, moved on to a nikon d7100 and finally have the pentax k-3 in my hands! I only sold the t1i and hope to help you guys out with a nikon d7100 and k-3 comparison thread when I have time . I started getting interested in photography three years ago, and should have at least 2 years of experiences. Unfortunately, I do not have even one year of experience because I did not get to travel much with my t1i, but I did at least get to play with it for 4 months. This year, howver, I have the window of opportunity to shoot new images with my new d7100 and k-3 cameras, I love them both very much. Since these are new for me, I only have one lens of each, and I know that it was stupid of me to quickly add another brand to my collection, I believe it's worth it. The lens selection should have been my priority, but these are the only cameras I will have for 3 years anyways, so I have time to catch up. I have a 55-200mm f4/f5.6G nikkor lens and an SMC DA50mm f1.8 pentax lens that I included in the bundle! I could have gotten that 35mm as well...but my wallet told me it was enough to at least buy one lens for it.

My favorite types of photography are sports and wildlife at the moment, but portraits are definitely there for me as I have the 50mm for my pentax, so I might be able to start on public events with it along with my d7100. Hopefully next week or so I can post images of widlife that I can find with my cameras and compare.

11-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! It will be interesting see what you think of those cameras side by side. For some reason Nikon lenses are often on Craigslist, so you can maybe add to the collection without too much trouble. Anyway dive right in and have fun!
Joel
11-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome to the Forums
11-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #4

Original Poster
@Joel B
Thanks for the welcome! I come from Texas and am bearing the freezing temperatures at this time. I will take a look at Craigslist to add more lens to my collection, are there any pentax lens there as well? Thanks!

@Patrick9
Thanks, I'm happy to be here to enjoy interacting this community and help if I can.

11-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jbloomerjo Quote
are there any pentax lens there as well?
Not as many pentax or k-mount lenses. But if you watch stuff will pop up. last year I found two f-series lenses and a camera for $40. I got a 35-80 and a 100-300.
My daughter grabbed the 100-300! I knew I shouldn't have bought her a camera!
11-24-2013, 02:04 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, you'll find here that many folk run multiple camera systems, by not all will admit to it.
« Hi | New to group »