Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 12
Hi from Tasmania!

Hi, my first SLR was the good old K1000 which I purchased in the early 80s, it served me faithfully as an amatuer and family photographer for many years and on many excursions. Really held off buying any early digital until the *ist filled my desire to continue to use my 3 prime K mount lenses. Purchased a minty used K20d about 4 years ago and it has been another treasured companion. Now getting familiar with the K01. Mainly use Silkypix Pro which to me gives impressive processing and printing results. Lenses are in no particular order DA 70, DA 21, KA 50 1.4, KA 24, M 40, M35 3.5, M 135 3.5,
M85 2.0...... I enjoy just choosing a Lens now and then and taking it for an excursion! Found the forum to be useful and informative so if I find something useful to add I will take the opportunity.
Cheers, Rich

11-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #2
Forum Member
Wild Hog 4's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tasmania
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 59
QuoteOriginally posted by RichGrace Quote
Hi, my first SLR was the good old K1000 which I purchased in the early 80s, it served me faithfully as an amatuer and family photographer for many years and on many excursions. Really held off buying any early digital until the *ist filled my desire to continue to use my 3 prime K mount lenses. Purchased a minty used K20d about 4 years ago and it has been another treasured companion. Now getting familiar with the K01. Mainly use Silkypix Pro which to me gives impressive processing and printing results. Lenses are in no particular order DA 70, DA 21, KA 50 1.4, KA 24, M 40, M35 3.5, M 135 3.5,
M85 2.0...... I enjoy just choosing a Lens now and then and taking it for an excursion! Found the forum to be useful and informative so if I find something useful to add I will take the opportunity.
Cheers, Rich
Welcome to the Forum, RichGrace, from a fellow Tasmanian.
11-23-2013, 08:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
patrick9's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Murfreesboro Tennessee
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,353
Welcome to the Forums Rich.
11-24-2013, 02:05 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 32,742
Welcome, it's good to have you here.

11-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #5
Veteran Member
JayBee451's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 379
Welcome to the Forum Rich. You have a nice collection of glass there.
11-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
Veteran Member
Joel B's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,336
Welcome from Iowa! Seen any Devils? As a kid I was deeply disappointed to find that the real Tasmanian Devil did not look like the cartoon! you will find a lot of company from down under, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an Aussie on this forum.(I would never do that! I love cats!)
Joel
11-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #7
Site Supporter
beachgardener's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,054
Good day mate and welcome to the forums
11-25-2013, 03:40 AM   #8
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adelaide
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,104
Hi Richgrace. Second new Aussie on the forum I've said g'day to in the last ten minutes!

Love your countryside down there in Tas.


Guide Falls near Burnie. The week of the major floods in Brisbane in January 2011 when it absolutely bucketed all the way down the Australian east coast through to northern Tasmania. This was the same day St Helens on the Tassie east coast got 10 inches of rain in 24 hours. Was a pretty soggy holiday!

11-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #9
Pentaxian
RobA_Oz's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tasmania, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,333
Welcome, Rich. We seem to have had a sudden influx of Pentax shooters from Tasmania to Pentax Forums. Looks like we're approaching a critical mass here! Good to see you.
Rob
11-26-2013, 02:30 AM   #10
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 12
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Welcome, Rich. We seem to have had a sudden influx of Pentax shooters from Tasmania to Pentax Forums. Looks like we're approaching a critical mass here! Good to see you.
Rob
Thanks Rob!
11-26-2013, 02:31 AM   #11
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 12
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by southlander Quote
Hi Richgrace. Second new Aussie on the forum I've said g'day to in the last ten minutes!

Love your countryside down there in Tas.


Guide Falls near Burnie. The week of the major floods in Brisbane in January 2011 when it absolutely bucketed all the way down the Australian east coast through to northern Tasmania. This was the same day St Helens on the Tassie east coast got 10 inches of rain in 24 hours. Was a pretty soggy holiday!
Will have to have a look for those falls, nice shot. Thanks for welcome!
11-26-2013, 02:33 AM   #12
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 12
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
Good day mate and welcome to the forums
Thanks!
11-26-2013, 02:39 AM   #13
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 12
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Welcome from Iowa! Seen any Devils? As a kid I was deeply disappointed to find that the real Tasmanian Devil did not look like the cartoon! you will find a lot of company from down under, you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an Aussie on this forum.(I would never do that! I love cats!)
Joel
Our little Tassie devils are beautiful little creatures, Warner bros had it partially right though, they do have really powerful jaws and can crunch bones and all without too much trouble. I think I have some Tas Devil pictures somewhere will have a look! Thanks for welcome to Pentax Forums.
11-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #14
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2013
Photos: Albums
Posts: 12
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by patrick9 Quote
Welcome to the Forums Rich.
Thanks for welcome!
11-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #15
Site Supporter
beachgardener's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,054
no worries mate, i have been to Tassie a few times, like it there, i stayed in Hobart and Port Huon, bought an old Hillman minx '57 model i think, and drove around sight seeing
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da, k01, k20d, ka, lenses
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hi from Tasmania ross Welcomes and Introductions 16 01-24-2012 03:06 PM
Hi From Tasmania (Aus) PrincessBj Welcomes and Introductions 9 01-06-2012 02:20 AM
Hi from Tasmania nephstar Welcomes and Introductions 3 07-09-2011 02:19 PM
Hi from Tasmania Just Me Welcomes and Introductions 8 01-01-2010 04:07 AM
Hi for Tasmania Australia! JulesJ Welcomes and Introductions 9 04-07-2009 05:54 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:56 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top