Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #1
New Member
Koskiranta's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tampere
Posts: 4
Greetings from Finland

Hi everybody!

Nice to find out that there are so many Pentax users in the world. I Finland you hardly can puy Pentax nowadays! Earlier it was really popular. Now you can find only Nikon and Canon fro the stores.

I have been using Pentax for 30 years but now is the time to switch from the film to the digital. I have Pentax LX Film camera and many SMC-M lenses for that. So I joined this forum to have good tips what DSLR Pentax I should choose?

Do you think Pentax K5 ii could be good for me after LX?

11-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,691
QuoteOriginally posted by Koskiranta Quote
Hi everybody!

Nice to find out that there are so many Pentax users in the world. I Finland you hardly can puy Pentax nowadays! Earlier it was really popular. Now you can find only Nikon and Canon fro the stores.

I have been using Pentax for 30 years but now is the time to switch from the film to the digital. I have Pentax LX Film camera and many SMC-M lenses for that. So I joined this forum to have good tips what DSLR Pentax I should choose?

Do you think Pentax K5 ii could be good for me after LX?
The K-5 II would be a good choice, as it has a nice viewfinder (about as good as it gets in APS-C land) and supports interchangeable focusing screens. The image quality is great, too.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

11-25-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member
Joel B's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,336
Welcome from Iowa! Currently the downside of Pentax is a lack of local stores selling it!(same problem in Iowa) The upside is you can still get what you need shipped to you! I couldn't tell you which camera would be better, I'm still working the K100d.(my baby) Having film era lenses sealed the deal for me also!!
I got some m smc-m's and some third party stuff, and being able to still use them is really cool!!
Joel
P.S. You lucky dude, you got a fish eye lens!!
11-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Highlands of Scotland.
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 33,139
Welcome, same problem worldwide in buying Pentax so it would seem.

11-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
Yos
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 533
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Sweden!
Yup, it's dang hard to find Pentax gear in store in most places I guess. The online shops in Sweden are having a sale on K5II's (s) and on K-50.
If I were you I would go for the K5II as it will be a good friend for the future.
I am happy with my K-30 (K-50's twin) but the K-3 is looking dang fine to me. I for one can't help to drool about a new shiny thing
11-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Ex Finn.'s Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southern Maryland.
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 6,374
Welcome to the forums. I still occasionally use some of my lenses from the mid 80`s. As far as cameras, any of the K5 variants are pretty nice. I have been giving a serious thought at the K3.

Cheers/Terveiset.
11-26-2013, 01:10 AM   #7
New Member
Koskiranta's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tampere
Posts: 4
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Joel B Quote
Welcome from Iowa! Currently the downside of Pentax is a lack of local stores selling it!(same problem in Iowa) The upside is you can still get what you need shipped to you! I couldn't tell you which camera would be better, I'm still working the K100d.(my baby) Having film era lenses sealed the deal for me also!!
I got some m smc-m's and some third party stuff, and being able to still use them is really cool!!
Joel
P.S. You lucky dude, you got a fish eye lens!!
Thanks Joel!
11-26-2013, 01:14 AM   #8
New Member
Koskiranta's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tampere
Posts: 4
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Yos Quote
Welcome to the forum and greetings from Sweden!
Yup, it's dang hard to find Pentax gear in store in most places I guess. The online shops in Sweden are having a sale on K5II's (s) and on K-50.
If I were you I would go for the K5II as it will be a good friend for the future.
I am happy with my K-30 (K-50's twin) but the K-3 is looking dang fine to me. I for one can't help to drool about a new shiny thing
Hi Yos and thanks for the support.

Yes I noticed that in Umeň is located CyberPhoto on-line shop which has it.

br;
jp

11-26-2013, 01:15 AM   #9
New Member
Koskiranta's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Tampere
Posts: 4
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Welcome to the forums. I still occasionally use some of my lenses from the mid 80`s. As far as cameras, any of the K5 variants are pretty nice. I have been giving a serious thought at the K3.

Cheers/Terveiset.
Kiitos ja terveisin ;-)

jp
11-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #10
Yos
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 533
QuoteOriginally posted by Koskiranta Quote
Hi Yos and thanks for the support.

Yes I noticed that in Umeň is located CyberPhoto on-line shop which has it.

br;
jp
Yup, I was gonna recommend Cyberphoto. Been shopping from them before but I don't know if it's cheaper here in Sweden or if they send stuff to Finland.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
compatibility lens, film, finland, lx, manual lenses, pentax, pentax lx, switch advices, tips
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Greetings from Finland! trintama Welcomes and Introductions 8 04-30-2013 02:46 PM
Greetings from Finland suoraes1 Welcomes and Introductions 3 07-21-2012 04:15 AM
Greetings from Finland mattipuh Welcomes and Introductions 5 12-30-2011 03:22 PM
Greetings from Finland jpyykonen Welcomes and Introductions 5 12-20-2011 09:13 AM
Greetings from Finland! asfinn59 Welcomes and Introductions 5 03-28-2008 02:53 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top