Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2013, 07:26 PM   #1

Hi to all those intrepid Pentax users. I have used Pentax for the past 15 years in my graphics/advertising business based in Perth Australia and have now retired and looking forward to some "special time" with my new K5 11s. When purchasing this camera i was under enormous pressure to buy Nikon or Canon purely for the tethering feature with Lightroom, however the re-investment into new lenses on a retirement budget forbade it. Its a shame that Pentax is ignoring this major feature as the cameras stack up very well with the mid range Nikons and Canons but lack this attractive feature.
So, from one old grey haired amateur to the rest of the Pentax community a big hello and hopefully many more years with Pentax.

Rob Parslow

11-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum Rob, you won't go wrong withe the Pentax K-5II.s as I found myself and will partner it with the Pentax K-3 as soon as they are available.
11-26-2013, 09:46 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! Pentax used to have tethering with the ist series, then they got out of it. Go figure! But Your problems might be solved by the advances in eye-fi and flucard technology. Haven't tried it yet, but looking to con one of them out of someone for Christmas.
Joel
11-26-2013, 11:02 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome Rob!

You've come to the right place.

11-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Good day mate and welcome to the forum
11-28-2013, 02:48 AM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Welcome to the forum, great camera, now go and enjoy that "me" time.
01-31-2014, 03:09 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Welcome Rob ! Looking forward to seeing more of the Australia countryside. This is a great Forum for my favorite camera's of course Pentax from the late 1960's to present !
01-31-2014, 03:22 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome!

02-25-2014, 02:21 AM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Welcome to the forum Rob, you won't go wrong withe the Pentax K-5II.s as I found myself and will partner it with the Pentax K-3 as soon as they are available.
Hi eaglem and all others who welcomed me into the Pentax forum. I have just added a K3 to my equipment and am thrilled with the features and results so far. One thing though that i cannot understand or maybe i'm missing something, in the camera setup of the K5 and K3 there is the option to switch the USB over to PTP which is purely to tether but Pentax do not provide either the software or assistance to Adobe to enable this almost essential feature, I have tried both EyeFi and Flucard and to be honest both do not perform ( unless you have lots of time waiting for the download ). The cards are only good for downloading your photos but not quick enough for live shooting where you need instant visuals. I downloaded Soforbild which looked great only to find that its just for Nikon. PK Tether does not work on the K3 either.

However, the K3 is magic!!!

---------- Post added 02-25-14 at 05:25 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, great camera, now go and enjoy that "me" time.
Hi Kerrydown,

I recently took my K511s for an outing in your magnificent countyside and got some great shots, beautiful Scotland.
02-25-2014, 02:48 AM   #10
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by Robert Parslow Quote
your magnificent countyside and got some great shots, beautiful Scotland
I'm glad you enjoyed your time here, did it stop raining for you at all?
02-25-2014, 04:47 AM   #11

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I'm glad you enjoyed your time here, did it stop raining for you at all?
Very, very mixed. To show what i mean, Loch Lomond, grey wet cold, but provided some get black & White shots of Loss jetty. Loch Ness and Urqhart Castle as sunny as Aussie, nice shots across the Loch. Stirling the same then, oh dear, then came ---Edingburgh, then rain came in at 90deg all day. We walked the "golden Mile' in wet cold soggy shoes. I had long expectations of some good shots of the Castle but when we got there all we could see through the gloom was cranes!! and more cranes dismanteling the Tattoo stands. Bugger!!!

However, very nice over all.
02-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #12
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Bonjour from France, Rob, and welcome to PF ... hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J
02-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #13
Moderator PEG Judges

QuoteOriginally posted by Robert Parslow Quote
Loch Ness and Urqhart Castle
Well that's where I stay and the weathers always like that, but don't tell everyone, otherwise they'll all be here.