Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #1

Greetings from Arizona

Happy to be a part of the Pentax User Community. I am a K-200D user switching over from my first dslr which was a Sony alpha-100. I bought this camera from a friend about 9 months ago and was surprised to find the shutter count below 600. I love to shoot outdoors and love this camera. The camera came with the DA 18-55 II Kit lens and reading some comments on this forum I purchased the DA 55-300 lens. I will be going to Costa Rica in December; any suggestions on prime lenses to take on my trip? Thanks in advance for any comments.

11-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! Good score on the K200D, sounds barely used! I put that much on my camera at one concert! As for lenses, not sure. I would think anything 50 or less for street shooting. If I'm out and about I usually use a mid range zoom like my 28-105 Sigma or my F series 35-80. Usually don't need to swap lenses then. Hope that helps. Enjoy your trip!
Joel
11-28-2013, 02:52 AM   #3
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jaywalkerbob Quote
any suggestions on prime lenses to take on my trip
Welcome to the forum, I would suggest fast and wide, but so much depends on what type of photography you do.

Enjoy Costa Rica and show us some images of the place when you get back.