Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2013, 03:09 PM   #1

Pentax Forum Newbie and there be Pentax Cameras in my Local Camera Store!

Hello Everyone...

I'm new to this forum, but not to Pentax.

In the past I've used the K7 and K5, but have been without a Pentax camera for a few years.

Today I picked up a new Pentax K3 from a LOCAL CAMERA STORE!!!

I went into the store today to pickup a camera for a trip and was ready to settle for a Nikon because I waited too long to order (not saying Nikons are bad at all...just would have preferred to get the new k3). Low and behold...the Pentax k3 was staring me in the face from one of their cases. I tried out the camera and it agreed to come home with me.

Picking up a Pentax from a local camera store is the main reason why I'm posting today besides introducing myself.

The store I went to is Southeastern Camera in Raleigh, NC. Southeastern Camera

I haven't seen a Pentax in a store for at least 6 to 7 years and was excited.

Southeastern Camera just started carrying the Pentax line about a week ago and have all the current DSLR models (k-x, k-500, k-50, k5IIs, k3). They also had a few different lenses in stock. What is also nice is that no one put down the Pentax line, but one salesman actually said "you are going to love this camera"<--the K3.

Maybe I'm over-reacting a little...just never expected it.

11-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Congrats on the purchase! Pentax is still far from mainstream but they've definitely been doing a good job of spreading the word about themselves in the us lately.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Welcome to the Forums. I am excited to hear that Pentax is showing up in more stores in the US. still not near here, but soon I hope
11-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Welcome to PF and bonjour from France, wilson craft ... enjoy the forum and your new K-3 ... hope to see an image or two soon ... Salut, J

11-30-2013, 10:34 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forums! How wonderful to hear a store that hadn't is now carrying Pentax. Even better that the salesman didn't put down Pentax or try and get you to buy Canon or Nikon and that you've returned to Pentax!
12-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #6
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by wilsoncraft Quote
LOCAL CAMERA STORE!!
Welcome to the forum, what's a "Local Camera Store".