Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-04-2008, 02:28 PM   #1

Hi from Sydney, Upgrading from Spotmatic to K100D

Hi all,

I'm totally new to DSLR's, and serious photography in general. I have been using a Pentax Spotmatic, oh boy I love that camera, but I hardly ever use it because film is so expensive and a nuisance to develop. I have loads of screwmount lenses, some of them super-takumar, and I am looking forward to trying to use them on the K100D. In particular, I have a macrobellows which was super hard to use (it's so dark, I had to use the widest aperture, but then got terrible depth of field. If i used a narrow aperture, I got depth of field, but when i stop-down metered, it was too dark in the viewfinder to see the indicator properly, and the shutter speed was soooo slow), I hope that with the instant feedback of a DSLR I will get better results faster.

So far, Im a bit disappointed with the results of the K100D compared to the spotmatic, and I wasn't even particularly sophisticated in how I used it (no filters, didn't develop my own film, etc) - see my thread in the DSLR forum if you'd like to help

LOL I hope the answer isn't buy a new camera!

04-07-2008, 04:53 AM   #2
krs
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Hope your views improve with your K100D as you use it more. This is certinly a great place to post questions and concerns!

Welcome to the forum.