Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-02-2013, 07:13 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
Hello my new Pentax friends!

Hi everyone!

I'm Drew and I just got my first Pentax and DSLR when I managed to take advantage of a good deal on a K50 with the 18-55 lens.

I've only had it for 2 days and I'm completely in love! I think I feel the lens fever coming on though...

I went for the K50 because it fit in my budget, and seems rugged enough to deal with my hiking and cross country skiing trips (I live in Upstate NY and the snow is here to stay until about....April)

I do a lot of landscape work, but also a lot of portraits and general city shots.

I travel a lot around the country and I'm looking forward to being involved in the Pentax community!

I'm glad to be here and wish you all the perfect lighting always!

12-02-2013, 07:29 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome! Black Friday gave me the opportunity to upgrade my K-x to a k-5ii. I'm anxiously awaiting its delivery.
12-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Welcome from Iowa! Yes you picked a great camera! Light, powerful, and weather resistant!! If you don't have one pick up a AA battery adapter. Your camera is designed to work with AA's also. Which means if for some reason you charge ups poop out, you can load up on regular batteries and keep banging away!! Enjoy that new camera and I'll try not be jealous of you... too much!
Joel
12-02-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, at two days old the fun for you is just beginning, enjoy the ride.

12-02-2013, 03:57 PM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by MrF33 Quote
Hi everyone!

I've only had it for 2 days and I'm completely in love! I think I feel the lens fever coming on though...
Heard that! I've had my baby since August, but finally caved and traded in my kit lenses (18-55 & 50-200) for the monster 18-135. Totally worth it, but at the very least you should think about the 50mm f/1.8 prime lens pentax makes. I got that about a week or two after the initial purchase, and honestly I think it takes the best pictures of any of the 4 I've now used. To make matters even BETTER this little fella will only set you back about $170!

Good luck to ya, and I can't wait to see what you post!