Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #1

Old glass fan

Hey there!

I am a Canon DSLR user lately, 600D/Rebel T3i to be exact, but I own an old, black Pentax ME Super with a Pentax SMC M 50mm f/1.4 lens that is a part of inheritance form my grandfather. Since it is really great stuff, quality of this gear is really a pleasure just to use, I decided that with my short budget it would be a good idea to use that lens with my Canon DSLR.

So, following that logic, I just grabbed a bargain Pentax SMC M 80mm-200mm (version 1) and recieved the package today - it appears to be in superb condition, mint. Got it for ~25$, which is very low around here (Poland). Will test it in practice soon, I hope.
Anyway, I've been a photography enthusiast for quite a while, I used to shoot with a hybrid Fuji s6500 - a fine starter camera in its time.

I hope to learn something here perhaps, but mostly share some experience with the things I buy so I can contribute in return for the reviews that helped me when I was considering buying lenses .

12-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That 50 1.4 will work great on the Canon... As does the Helios 44 and CZ 50ish lenses.

Dont know that zoom, but look forward to seeing some pics with the lenses.

I came from a fujis s6500/s6000 myself...

Welcome
12-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Welcome to the forum, don't tell us if you end up performing surgery on your fine Pentax glass to make 'em work on Canon.
12-04-2013, 06:31 AM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
Welcome to the forum, don't tell us if you end up performing surgery on your fine Pentax glass to make 'em work on Canon.
Oh I don't mean to perform any kind of butchery on my lens! Do you mean the so-called leverectomy that has to be done due to the aperture bolt and shield extending from the lens that would hit the mirror on a Canon body? I haven't tried it yet, need the adapter still, but from what I read it indeed is a problem with fullframe cameras, but my T3i is a 1.6x crop which should not pose any problem with the aperture bolt on the Pentax M lens. It barely hits the inner bezel when I try it even without the additional thickness that will be added with the adapter, so I'm not much worried about that.

Anyway, I will certainly NOT cut anything off my Pentax lens and I will let you guys know how it fits in my Canon body along with pictures .